Sunday, November 15, 2020

Saturday was an art decorating day

We ventured out of the house yesterday for a quick trip to pick up that painting I wanted. The lady only lived about 15 minutes away and easy to find her place. For $30 I really like the picture. Not everyone's style, of course, but it fits the bedroom that already has the buffalo stuff, haha. The bed has some burnt orange throw pillows and throw blanket, so fits the colors of the painting. I still have 3 dang walls in that room that need something! Ugh. Being a dormer type room really adds walls. I decided to put it on this wall as you walk into the room. It's 17x17 and just seemed a bit small on the other walls.

I'm ending up with darker wood in this room.....the bed posts are not quite as dark, but the 2 dressers seem way too light. They are old dressers from when dd was a baby. They are sorta wood, but the surface is kind of fake/laminate type stuff. I'm contemplating painting them, but no idea what color. I don't think they could be stained, other than maybe a gel stain just put over the top. I'll have to research more. I like the looks of what people do with chalk paint, I'm just having a hard time deciding what color.

The extra plain black picture frames I ordered also came yesterday so we finished hanging them up in our master bath. I also put one in my bath upstairs. Simple but nice. I have a wolf painting print over the toilet.

I'm thinking I'm going to return those Christmas pillow covers to Amazon, if it's not too much of a hassle. They just don't fit the pillows. One of the 6 black picture frames glass was broken. The frames were all wrapped in thin bubble wrap and the picture in the middle was broken. Strange. But, I really only needed 5, so whatever.

DH had to do some driveway plowing yesterday morning. Our neighbors visiting family (I think they go home today) were outside in the snow, all in matching jammies taking some pictures, most likely for their Christmas card I'm sure :)

I've been trying to record movies on your YouTubeTV so that we can watch something on Saturday evenings. Last night we watched Tombstone. The service has a feature where you can see upcoming movies and tag to record and then it saves them in your "library". Easier than trying to remember when the movie is coming up. I also see that all the seasons of Yellowstone are going to play next weekend, so I'm going to see if I can set those to record. We had watched most of the first season before we moved, but after we moved we didn't have that channel anymore. Now we have Paramount channel but they haven't offered the past seasons on demand.

 


10 comments:

  1. baby boomers are going to get abused and treated like garbage in the retirement homes. Maybe you boomers shouldn't have been so selfish and arrogant and greedy. Literally everyone hates baby boomers now. Enjoy those retirement homes, and good luck, boomers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually delete these stupid baby boomer comments but I lik your reply LOL

      Delete
    2. Ya, I'd rather be a baby boomer than an asshole!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. It seems like such a slow process- between budget and deciding if I really like something enough to spend money on it

      Delete
    2. If money were no object, decorating would be easier...lol. But, if a person had no taste, it would not matter how much was spent. I cannot figure out what that first picture is? Can you take a close up of that picture or at least tell what it is. I do like the colors for the room.

      I think I missed the post with the short planter and the short plant. That really works.

      Delete
    3. It's a buffalo - but the artist used some vibrant colors, so a bit different. I found that short plant/planter for cheap at Ross, and the mirror, too.

      Delete
  3. Your decorating skills are right on.
    It does take time for just the right piece. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does take time, especially for me, as I tend to over think it, haha.

      Delete