Thursday, November 5, 2020

A bit of everything post

Well, shoot. Yesterday afternoon dh was looking out a back window in our great room and sees the window has cracked! It had to have just happened. It's about a good 6" crack in the bottom corner, on the inside (triple) pane. How in the world did that happen or what would cause that? It certainly did nothing to help the bad mood he was already in. Our windows (Milgard) have a 10 year warranty, but you all know how warranties are.........I emailed the building supply guy where we bought them from to ask him if it might be covered under warranty. He emailed back he'll see what he can do and check into it. Mostly dh is worried about how hard it will be to replace, if the siding and inside trim needs to come off, etc. The window itself is less than $300, but I'm sure it's the labor to replace that will cost $$. Then dh remembered they accidentally ordered 3 of these sized windows and one was sent back, during construction. I emailed the guy to remind him, in case they might still have the extra one sitting in storage somewhere, LOL. Special made size, so who knows, He emailed they probably don't still have it, but he'll check.

I've been eyeing a certain coffee table on Amazon for quite some time, for this sitting/loft area. It's always been $269. I was looking at it yesterday. I was waiting to purchase until my bonus check gets deposited (should be today, I mailed it to the bank yesterday). I get online just now and it's now $337. What the heck! There is a similar one I found on Houzz that is $248, so I guess I'll probably end up ordering that one.

After all my complaining about needing ship to addresses on purchase orders I made a goof on one! Can't remember the last time I did that. I do a copy/paste of the address they give me into the PO, when I am creating it. I must have been working on 2 po's at the same time, or when I copy/pasted

 I didn't notice it had the prior address I had copied. The mfg had just sent a shipping confirmation yesterday and the salesguy noticed it had wrong address. I emailed the mfg and asked if there was a possibility to get it rerouted to the correct address and thankfully there is and it's getting taken care of today.

I also think that now that I have the bonus $ I am going to try out that Shark vacuum that is supposed to be a tangle free brushroller. I'm thinking to buy it from either Target or Walmart, that way if it doesn't work for me like they say, then I will just return it to the store and get my money back.

Last year we ordered a fresh wreaths that this lady in town sells for a fundraiser thing at $20 each. As we've gotten to know her more, dh is not too impressed with her (she owns a business in town) and some of her actions, so he's not really wanting to buy them from her this time. I see on Lowe's website they will be selling live wreaths, that can be shipped, for the same price, so I am just going to buy one of those, I guess.  

I also want to do a donation to a friends son. He is suffering from cancer (stage 4 I believe) and there is a donation account set up to help him and his family out, as he cannot work while he's going through treatment. I believe he's self employed, so I know firsthand (when dh was self employed) how that is. There is no sick leave pay to use, no unused vacation days to take for pay, etc.

Did I mention we decided to keep the tv stand/cabinet I was trying to sell (with no luck)? DH decided to put it in his den. Good storage and he can set stuff on top. I bought him some buffalo book ends for Christmas, so those would look nice sitting on top of that with some books. He had an old 2 drawer nightstand in his den. Super old and just cheap particle board crap. He threw it in the burn pile and burned it with some other stuff yesterday.

Today's weather is kind of backwards. It never got down below like 62 overnight  and now during the day today, its supposed to get colder, rather than warm up. And steadily get colder again, down to 11 on Saturday overnight.

Well, I have a feeling my mom forgot to take down her rent check this month. I reminded her the day before. Then on Tuesday I asked her if she paid and and she said she thought she did, but she was doing something when I called and didn't want to have to go get her purse/checkbook out of the closet. As of today, the check still hasn't cleared her bank, and usually it clears right away after she gives it to them. I will email the manager to see about doing an autopay with it.

Mom also hasn't been feeling good the past several mornings off and on this past week or so. I had a feeling she was off on her pills.....last time a couple days ago I asked her if her pill box was filled up and she said she still had to fill her pill box up but she had just taken them out of her pill bottles that morning when she supposedly took her pills.....she said she would fill up.  Then this morning I call and she says she's still not feeling quite right. So, I said is your pill box filled up? "well, no, but I know I took them this morning.". One of her pills to take is omeprazole, which she has always kept the bottle by her bed and takes when she wakes up, because she has to take 1/2 hour before eating. Then after breakfast she has 2 other pills and a vitamin to take. Those 3 are supposed to be in her pillbox...one of those pills is a half pill (that I cut them all in half) and she says something about her half pill beside her bed. OK, well, she got them mixed up and has been taking her 1/2 pill when she wakes up and her omeprazole later in the morning (after eating, which is no good). I said this is probably why you aren't feeling well lately. So, I made her put the omeprazole bottle next to her bed and take the other one and put with her other meds and pill box. I then made her fill her pillbox up while I was on the phone with her. She had been doing really well with her pills and every time I visited I checked her pill box and all was going good. Then I asked her again if she took her rent check downstairs, as it still has not cleared her bank. I made her get her checkbook out and sure enough, she never wrote a check, even though she told me twice she had. She cannot find the vitamins at all. I don't think she is out of those yet, but could be. It may have been few months since I bought them, though I thought there were 150 pills. I'll just ordered some from Walmart to have shipped to her.

My bonus check deposit made it to the bank (I mailed it yesterday) so I'm good to go to spend some more. I placed the window treatment order. That was almost $800 - 11 windows (7 are in the shop). But, other than when we ever get to finish the bonus room, I am done with window treatments. It will be nice to have one in my office finally. During summer months the sun shines in the window late afternoon and I can't see my computer screen. Usually it starts right about as I'm done with work, so not really an issue, but if I ever need to go back to my computer for anything during that hour or so when the sun is shining right on my screen, I can't see a dang thing.

I've been trying to get this post up all day and keep getting interrupted.

 


6 comments:

  1. I am glad your husband is keeping the better piece of furniture. I have always done that. Finally, I had a houseful of good furniture, then it had to go to the dump! I can do it again. I hate pressed wood! The buffalo bookends sound really nice for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate pressed wood too. Had a houseful of it in our younger years and then gradually replaced with real wood. This was the last piece, haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh I missed the bonus check post. How nice! Congratulations! I remember you working very hard for that audit and thanks to your record keeping, it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you have a company just replace the glass instead of the entire window? We had a window cracked within a year of building our house too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully that's all they will have to do. I'm still waiting to hear back from the building supply guy.

      Delete