Saturday, November 30, 2019

Fa La La La La

I got all my decorating done yesterday. It couldn't have been a more perfect day/setting as it was snowing outside all day. It was harder, because being a new house, I wasn't sure where I was putting most of the stuff, including the tree! LOL. I also feel like I could use a bit more, with the house being so big. The tree definitely seems too small for the big room, so we'll think about that for next year. Either get a big real tree (and put the fake one in another room) or buy a new bigger fake one.


I also need more of the garland, for the stair railing. I had purchased this garland a couple years ago, from Lowe's Black Friday deal, online, for our outside porch railing. I need 4 more and Lowe's has them again for $4.98, but no shipping available this time. Booo! It was snowing all day yesterday, we didn't want to drive 45 miles to the city.

Mom was doing ok when I called yesterday morning, not great, but ok. Certainly much better than the later afternoon the previous day. But, she was back to "well, I know I'll have to move soon, up near DD, but I don't even know where to look". I told her (again) not to worry about it right now. We'll look for her, when the time comes, and figure it out. DD also talked to her around dinner time and she was doing really good then. My uncle also called her in the evening and then called me, to say she sounded really good then, too. When I talked to her yesterday morning she again brought up that BF had gotten pretty upset with her that she didn't come over. I have a strong hunch that's what set off her confusion episode. If she didn't feel well enough to want to go then there was no reason to get mad at her! Good grief! I also don't think he realizes that he's causing half her problems, in my opinion. He's the one who keeps telling her she has to move, getting her stressed and worried about it, which then, most likely, makes her not feel well. Honestly, I'm tired of him, now that I see how much he's affecting her.

Well, I have $15 Kohl's cash to spend between now and the 9th. Do I hold out and see if they will offer another free shipping code in December? I think I will. Right now it's free shipping with $25 order, which is better than usual.


12 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely. I too, am having difficulty figuring out where things should go in this new house. To that end, we're a bit minimalist this year. A tree in the family room, Advent calendars on the dining room wall, sleigh holder for cards and Christmas votive holder on the piano, and one or two of the kids' treasured objects on the built in shelves in the family room. I am calling it good...have yet to decide if we are going to get a real tree to put in the formal living room. I also have a gorgeous Christmas village that I just haven't had the wherewithal to set out on the buffet yet. It's not so much putting it up, but putting it away that gets to me.
    Your home looks GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes, I was thinking about all the "putting away" as I was putting it all out, LOL.

      Delete
  2. Your house is gorgeous! It looks like a lovely setting to prepare for and enjoy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dh and I both said this is a "winter" house, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Your house is lovely and it looks very elegant with all the Christmas decorations. I think your tree is just fine, but, you are right, the room would accommodate a bigger tree without any problem!

    I'm sorry to hear how BF seems to be upsetting your mother and getting her all confused and worried about things. Hope she's doing well, today (isn't today the day your DD is going to see her?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she went today, along with her dh, and my son went too. Dd brought a little ham and potatoes and she said DS brought some turkey and rolls. Sounds like they all had a nice visit and she was doing well.

      Delete
  4. The house looks just beautiful!
    Glad your mom is clearer today. It is so hard to deal with diminished cognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much a roller coaster ride with the cognition, isn't it? I appreciate the good days, for sure.

      Delete
  5. Your decorations look beautiful. Very classy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your decorations look really pretty. It would be fun to put up the decorations with it snowing outside (and Christmas music playing too)! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Christmas music playing too :) I found some "Christmas music" on Amazon Prime, LOL.

      Delete