Monday, October 1, 2018

Dog day Monday

Monday  morning is starting out a bit crappy, literally. First it was one of the neighbors dogs barking non-stop again all morning. I'm assuming her bark collar either isn't on or battery (do they take batteries?) wore out. Then one of the framing crew always brings his little tiny dog with him. DH let her inside one time when he came in, but didn't let her back out with him. She had diarrhea on the carpet. Ugh. So, of course I had to clean it up.

The guy doing our fencing has been a no-show. We sent him a deposit week before last. He said he was coming on the 26th, last Wednesday. Never showed up last week. Saturday morning I sent him an email asking when he will be starting on the project. So far no reply and no call. We used this guy for our fencing on our house in town and felt he was trustworthy and would show up when he said. I think what bothers me the most is he couldn't even call to let us know he wasn't coming when planned. But he sure cashed the check!

We're having some issues with the upstairs construction of our house. They aren't, or can't, I'm not really sure which it is, building the roof trusses and roof line the same as our plans that were drawn out by the engineer guy. So, it made the little area that was supposed to be my office, not big enough for an office. One of my main wants was a view of the river from my desk, since I spend 40+ hours a week sitting there. Then we talked about putting my office area in the bonus room, tucked in the large dormer. But it's not a very good view. Too many trees and with the way our garage angles I'd more be looking at neighbors back yard. I'm not having my office in one of the guest bedrooms, though those two rooms have the best views. Framer told DH "it's only a bedroom because you are calling it a bedroom". I'm like what the heck does that mean? Well, I guess he means until the interior upstairs walls up put in, we can still make changes to upstairs floor plan. One side of the upstairs was a bedroom and a very nice sized bathroom. On the other side of the upstairs was same size bedroom and a small half bath. Smaller on that side of the upstairs because thats where it then angles over to garage, so not as much space up in the ceiling.

We discussed last night of changing the bedroom and bathroom side into an office room and a bedroom. The office would have the river view. The bedroom would have view out front of house/mountain view. The office could be smaller, the size the bathroom was going to be and the bedroom bigger. Then the other guest bedroom on the other side of upstairs, just a bit smaller than original size and a smaller full bathroom next to it.  That's probably what we will end up doing. We'll discuss with framer when he gets back from his wedding next week.

The little angled area (mud room below) to the bonus room over the garage, so what do we do with that little area? just  make it kind of a hallway to the bonus room? Seems like wasted space now, so I decided I'm going to make it into a little library with book cases on each side. In between the bedrooms, overlooking the great room is a little sitting loft area, so I can get a book from my little library area and go sit in my sitting/reading area. (with a spectacular view of the river, I might add).

The bonus room is turning out very nice and big. Eventually we'd like to make it into a media/game room. Big screen with comfy couch/chairs to watch movies. A pool table (we'll find something used on Craigslist), dart board (I have a nice one I got free from a work promo last year), table for playing games or doing puzzles.

It rained quite a bit yesterday, so DH was not happy about that and the fact that they've been working on it 5 weeks and still not even ready to be roofed yet. Bad weather is going to be here more  often than not now.






6 comments:

  1. I'd have been more than just a bit annoyed with the dog issues. Glad that you are still getting what you want for a view. Being a brand new build, I'd be insisting on it! Your house is going to be fabulous once it is all completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking something is amiss with the one dogs bark collar, because her two co-horts aren't barking, LOL. I think the changes will be ok. That would make our house basically a 4 bedroom house, which might appraise more, that way, I guess.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely hate no show workmen (especially if they have been paid a deposit), all the more so when they don't even have the decency to let you know. I told my son (the plumber) if he goes into business and is decent, punctual and does a good job he can charge what he wants - people just get so fed of being scammed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems to be the normal way to operate business around here. He did finally call today and will be coming tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I would mention the diarrhea thing on new carpet to the guy who brought the dog, asking him not to bring a dog again. Tie the dog to his truck if it comes with him again!!! I hate it when workman or friend brings a dog without asking, saying, "I knew you had a big yard." That guy was a date that I had leave with his dog. He saw the dog poop and made no move to clean it up. A workman brought his dog and had to keep chasing it down as it left the yard. There is a leash law here. A friend tied her dog only to things the brute could pull apart, so I told her to tie it to her jeep. She stayed with me for a month and cleaned up nothing, rotten food, poop, diarrhea or torn up things in the yard.

    Ask the fence guy to return your deposit since he did not come when he said. That will get his attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think DH did tell him about his pooch's issues. He's been bringing her for a couple weeks, with no issues. She's just a tiny little thing, who keeps herself busy. She's just not coming inside anymore! ha!

      Delete