Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Wow factor

I took that picture of them setting the beam yesterday, but didn't really go outside the rest of the day. And I couldn't see what the construction guys were doing the rest of the day, as the front of the house was blocking what they were working on. Until late afternoon, DH said come out and look.......

I was a bit in awe, to say the least. I've seen it in drawings and plans and in my head, what it was going to look like, but to see it come to life was pretty amazing. (I was standing in our loft sitting area looking across/down into the great room). I can also tell this loft sitting area is going to be one of my favorite places to cozy up and read a book. We're putting a little fake electric fireplace up there, too. I can just imagine sitting there, looking out the big windows to snow covered trees :)

Today they are working on sheeting that roof area, which I'm sure will change it even more on how it looks/feels. I need to do some research on what kind of electric fireplace insert to get. They seem to be pretty reasonably priced and framer just wants to know if it needs to be vented or not. It's going to be built in a short half wall in the sitting room. It doesn't appear that these types I'm looking at do need venting. Does anyone have an electric fireplace? This one on Amazon has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-SKY1826-Fireplace/dp/B00UY3GRYG/ref=sr_1_10?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1539709459&sr=1-10&refinements=p_n_feature_thirteen_browse-bin%3A17160406011

It looks like I will get to see DD again next month. They are planning on coming over mid November weekend with their new camper trailer and spending the weekend.  I just hope by then there are no issues for them to get over the passes to get here and back home. Next week is my trip over to see her, mom, and my boss/office. DD has a Saturday appt. set up to try on wedding dresses at David's Bridal with me, my mom and her future MIL.

Just got news an old friend has lost his long battle with cancer. So sad. Seems like so many have lost their lives so young lately. Our boys were good friends.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is stunning. If you are taking in lodgers .... see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine why an electric fireplace would need to be vented. But, what do I know? It is all looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely breathtaking! I too would use that loft area to cozy up and read/watch the snow fall! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck I might never leave that loft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh - wow! that is going to be a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I said when I climbed up the ladder and stood there. Just "wow".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow factor is right! Amazing! The only experience I've had with an electric fireplace was in our camper (yes, camper!). To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't vented. While our camper also had a regular furnace, the electric fireplace put out a decent amount of heat. Of course, the smallish space it was heating was also something to factor. Will you have a fireplace in the great room as well? If so, what kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I was reading through reviews of a few electric fireplaces, alot of people said (and showed pics) they put them in an rv. Our great room is going to have a gas fireplace with stone around it.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy your blog and read it often. I have never commented, but this deserves a Wow!! Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous! We also have a great room with a loft and my favorite reading space is looking out on the river we live on. You will LOVE it. What a beautiful home you are going to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited about it all. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that it's really happening

      Delete