Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Rain rain go away

The rain is back today. But, it's supposed to stop early this afternoon and then the weather report shows sunny dry days for the next 9 days at least. Our head framer is supposed to be back to work tomorrow. Let's hope lots gets done during this dry weather phase, so they can get the roofing started. The building supply guy showed up yesterday to verify all the windows and was getting his order in for them, which he says takes 2 weeks and wants to be on top of it, even if we aren't ready for them yet. He said he'd rather hold on to them, them be late with them (like what happened with our shop windows - contractors fault, not his).

Last night I zapped pot pies in the microwave again.  But, this time I added some instant mashed potatoes to our meal. Must've tasted good as DH had two servings of each.  I had to run into town this morning, so I stopped at the grocery store for milk and eggs and also picked up a couple more cans of the Progresso roast beef soup he liked. I think I'll make mashed potatoes with that tonight and can use some of the soup broth as gravy. We didn't have any mashed potatoes gravy last nigh - just butter and salt and pepper. I should pick up some jars or cans of gravy, too.

I don't get to see my mom this week. The trip she and her BF were going to take was cancelled, as he wasn't feeling well. Oh well, I will get to see her in about 2 1/2 weeks, at least. It would have been about a 12 hour drive for them, which they were planning to do over two days of driving. I know her BF tried for months to get this appointment, so I'm sure he's disappointed. My mom said his two kids were relieved they weren't going. I then asked her why one of them doesn't drive him there, then? She said she kind of wondered same thing, but hasn't asked. Then she said well, I know his daughter wouldn't do it, but his son might...he's about ready to retire soon. Seriously, if my mom needed me to take her somewhere for a week, I'd take the vacation time and do it for her. I'm not really sure what the deal is of why he wants this specific doctor. My mom has mentioned a couple things about it. At first I thought it was no doctors in their area does this procedure, but then she made it sound like it was just that this doctor was way cheaper than in their area. I'm guessing it's some sort of orthopedic stem cell injection therapy.

DD just texted me that her boss's boss (who she doesn't like) just took credit for an idea she had. She said she is so glad to be getting out of this company, LOL.

A excavating guy just showed up to dig the holes for the front covered porch posts and a trench for something or other DH still needs done.

I almost totally forgot about a webinar conference call I was to do this morning for work. Somehow I missed the pop up reminder, but fortunately l0 minutes before I was to call in, I thought to check my reminder calendar. Whew.

8 comments:

  1. DD needs to document every idea she has before she voices it. Document! Even the nicest of people and best friend at work can steal ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be interesting to see how things go at her new job. Hopefully she has a boss(es) she likes.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a winner in your building supply guy! Now that the weather is starting to break, can you store canned goods and such in a tub outside? No storage would drive me bananas! Good catch on checking your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid if I stored anything outside in a tub it would freeze at night, so that probably won't work. Mostly it's refrigerated stuff I have very little room for, so I'm constantly running out - and not at the same time! So, like I run to the store for milk, but can't buy a carton of eggs, that I'll need in a few more days, because there's already one in there and taking up the room. haha!

      Delete
  3. I sure hope you get a break in your weather. We haven't seen the sun here in days. On the bright side, we haven't had any more snow-just lots of rain. I'm eager to see more pictures of progress being made with your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is cloudy but not supposed to rain and starting back to sunny days tomorrow. I hope so! It's so muddy when it rains and the dogs are so muddy. ugh.

      Delete
  4. Gosh I'm surprised that you are already getting freezing temperatures. Yuck. That's WAAAY too early to my way of thinking. But mashed potatoes - the food of the Gods as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the Rocky Mountains, so it's that time of year for freezing nights. Mashed potatoes is great comfort food, I agree!

      Delete