Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday

So far, all day today, my neck is bad again. Just feels like it needs to pop so bad. DH got a really really terrible leg cramp last night, after all his working outside yesterday. Says it feels like it's just going to break his leg. Of course, he didn't eat any bananas the past week and a half! Usually he has one every day. I have also read that pickle juice is good for cramps. I ran into town. Stopped at the store and got some bananas and pickles, for the juice. Worth a shot.  He's been working outside all day setting some rocks by hand, so I'm sure he's going to pay for it tonight.

oh! my neck just popped a bit! But not enough that it will help, I doubt.

Lots of orange in town today, LOL.  Hunters stopping at the store. I noticed the little deli section had some premade "hunter's lunch specials" for sale. Two sandwiches, a bag of chips and an orange.

We did some measuring, still trying to figure out how we want our front walkway area done, between the driveway, front entrance covered part, and the pad in front of garage doors. Trying to tie it all together with walkway.

It's 4pm already. I really wanted a nap today, but for some reason that didn't work out.

I don't even know yet what I am making for dinner tonight. My choices are pretty limited, LOL. It's probably going to have to be clam chowder soup or pot roast soup. I'm trying to leave some things DH can/will eat the 4 nights I am gone at the end of next week. He can do soup, chili, sandwiches and cereal, haha. He could probably heat up a pot pie in the microwave, but that's probably too hard for him, LOL.

Won $4 from the Megamillions lottery ticket. Woohoo! Used those winnings to buy 2 more tickets, since nobody won.

DH talked to another mason about finishing our shop and doing the house stonework. I kind of figured this guy wouldn't work. He's the son in law of someone we know. First off, they live like 3 hours away, in another city, and second off, everything I've seen of his work on Facebook looks like huge real rock fireplaces and stuff. (not even my style). For some reason one of his reasons for not doing it was because of our stones needing mortar between (we aren't doing drystack). Huh?! Isn't that what a mason does? puts mortar between stones? Whatever LOL.  Supposedly we are still on tap for a local guy to do it for us, once he's done with the jobs he's already committed to. DH only talked to this guy as kind of a favor to our friend, since it was his son in law.









12 comments:

  1. I wonder if a visit to a chiropractor might help. I've never been to one, but Hubs has and felt it was beneficial.

    Hubs is home this week and we decided we are going to "splurge" on two lotto tickets. We rarely buy them, but it is fun to dream.

    I showed Hubs all your house and shop pictures. Probably not a good thing as he now has shop envy. Lol He really likes the colors you chose and also the stone work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go to the chiropractor pretty regularly but havent' since we moved two years ago. 50 miles to nearest one isn't too convenient, especially as they always seem to want a person to come in several times over a short period. I loved having my neck and back adjusted though. Might have to break down and find one. That probably wasn't a good idea to show him the shop, haha.

      Delete
  2. My neck, shoulder, arm, and back were in a knot that hurt so I thought I could die of the pain. When it popped, wherever it popped, I saw stars and had to lie down to recover. Then, it was tight in another place in back and neck. I told nurse practitioner who said it was whiplash from the wreck. He said the pain and problems can start months after the original injury. GREAT! I hope both of you and I can solve these pesky pains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what happened to me after my whiplash. Problems started months after. I hope you can heal, too!

      Delete
  3. I find that pickle juice works for acid reflux too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH said it tasted really bad, LOL, but seemed to help some, he thinks.

      Delete
  4. Bananas should help him. Never heard of pickle juice before. Our pickles are a lot saltier than you guys so, with my blood pressure issue, it wouldn't help me at all. Ice cold showers will help the muscle cramps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard about it a couple of times and a friend of two has mentioned it works for them on Facebook.

      Delete
  5. Hope your neck feels better soon! Maybe you can download a beginner or restorative yoga session off YouTube and do some stretching. I have been doing yoga for 6 years and with our move and such I stopped for 2 months and ended up in bad shape. Went to yoga last week and immediately felt relief. On the other hand, if you win the lottery, you can just hire a personal masseuse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to do lots of stretches the past two days, but no help. I'll have to look into the yoga online!

      Delete
  6. The pickle juice thing really does work, particularly for night cramping while sleeping. I save all pickle juice and we drink small amounts of it fairly often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, you just drink the juice out of a jar of pickles? Or am I missing something. It sounds gross to me (I HATE pickles) but I suppose if you added a little to water - say, like apple cider vinegar - it might be ok. I'm just not sure how you drink it.

    ReplyDelete