Friday, December 31, 2021

NYE

I received my mortgage escrow adjustment. My payment is going down $50 a month. It was from a combination of our property taxes going down a little bit and me shopping and finding cheaper insurance. A check for the $673 surplus is showing to arrive in my mail today.

We keep getting an inch or two of snow overnight. Just enough to keep dh busy for an hour or two to shovel and plow off. He's been trying to keep track of how much snow we've gotten in December - almost 40 inches, though of course a lot of that melted on those warmer days where it couldn't decide if it was going to snow or rain. He has been feeling really crummy the past few days with his muscles. His arms and hands are feeling the worse of it. Usually it's his legs. I did use a bit of my Christmas gift card money to order myself some new snow boots that should be here Monday. Mine are very old, not warm, and if it's wet the leak a bit. Last year I had gotten dd some winter boots from Amazon and she had them with her during their visit and said she really likes them. I found the boots I had ordered her via my Amazon account. They were now $67 (I paid $49 for her last year) but if I open a prime account they are $50. I don't think I've ever seen them price differently like that? So, I logged in with our shared Prime account and the boots were $50. Then I clicked on different colors they had available, just to see what they looked like and the beige colored ones were $42. I really don't care what color they are, LOL, so I ordered the $42 ones. 

As usual, no big NYE plans here. I'll be in bed at my usual 9:30, haha. 

While making the vet appointment for both pets procedures they offered me Monday the 17th. I couldn't remember for sure but thought that was dh's dr appt so I said lets do another day and got the 21st. Well, of course later yesterday I looked at it's the 19th, and 17th would have been better, because I also have the day off work and wouldn't need to take any time off. I tried to call this morning to see if she still had the 17th open but no answer. They must be closed today for NYE.

When I talked to my mom on Wednesday her concern was someone had been in her apartment while she was gone and she wanted me to look at her bank account to make sure it's ok. Yesterday she called and said she got a message on her phone that her bank account is low. I again assured her everything is fine and this is spam. Though how she got this message I'm not sure. I have texts turned off, not to mention if it was legit I don't have her phone number as the contact! When I look at her cell call/message log there is no call from a strange number and it doesn't show any texts received. She just said "I got the message on this thing I am talking to you on". I just kept assuring her that whatever it was, it was spam. Her bank account has plenty of money.

I'm going to work on putting away some more decorations today. I want to put away the loft tree and village. I might also get all the ornaments put away on the tree in the dining room. Save the big monster tree for last, haha. When at the grocery store yesterday I got the stuff to make pizza for dinner tonight. We haven't had that in quite awhile.

 


 

4 comments:

  1. As I began to read about your mother, I guessed she got no call. This seems to be a new phase of memory--imagining things happen. It's a good thing you can check her call log. My grandmother told us things she imagined that scared me so--like she could smell a gas leak in the heater in my room. I coordinate my appointments with Tommy's and often just confound things. Then, I have to reschedule one of the appointments. That is maddening some days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On NYE I usually stay up till 1 a.m. (so I can watch the fireworks in the UK) but I'm not sure I'll make it tonight. Won't be going anywhere though. I wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year and see you in 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be up, but probably not too much past midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet night for us, too. We were invited to a party but declined. I sure pray that 2022 is a much better year for all.

    ReplyDelete