Thursday, December 30, 2021

Vet visit

OHHHH MYYYY GODDDD! We took our dog to a vet in the city this morning. I had used them once before, 2-3 years ago, with my other dog's check up and then started using that mobile vet. They aren't letting anyone inside the office! Good grief - you can go inside regular doctors offices with masks on, keep distance and wash hands, etc. A vet cannot do this? 

You call when you pull up and let them know you are here. They send a vet tech out to chat with you. Sure....let's do this in 17 degree weather, not to mention it's snowing out. Of course she then forgot to tell the vet my questions/concerns about the adequan he is on for arthritis. So, they take pup inside while we have to wait out in the car. This isn't 2020 people. This is 2 years ago crap to deal with. Honestly, if I had known this is what we were going to have to do, I would have chosen a different vet. We waited about a half hour or so. They had to check his lumps and had to needle biopsy them. Two of the lumps are bad/most likely cancer, like the one on his chest had been, so we are going to have them removed. We will take kitty in at same time to get neutered, so they can both get their procedures done and we only have to wait once. The vet is the one who brought him back out to the car and she hadn't been told about the adequan, so I had to explain all that. I still have 2 more months of the shots, so I will get a refill from them when we go in for the surgery. They can't get them in until Jan 21, so a 3 weeks wait. To pay and make the next appointment I had to stand outside at a window....f'ing freezing cold and it's snowing. Just stupid.

We then stopped at the grocery store and we ran in and got a small amount of groceries. I had wanted to do a small Walmart pick up order, tried to order yesterday and they had zero times available until later afternoon. Odd, being a weekday. My guess is they don't have the staff to do it. We get home to the rest of my mom's prescription meds in my mail. Of course those couldn't have shown up yesterday, so I could have stopped at her apartment and filled them up in her med dispenser.

The roads were pretty snowy and icy getting to and from the city today. More snow is on the way. It was good to get out of the house for awhile though, anyway. Not sure what else I'm going to do today, but need to empty the dishwasher right now and get the dirty ones in the sink in the dishwasher.

I was just messaging with dd. They went out for a late breakfast this morning. She just messaged that her dh ordered a side of pancakes and said "your mom's are better". LOL. I made them pancakes for dinner that first evening they got here. I have a from scratch pancake recipe that they are so good. The batter recipe has melted butter and vanilla in it.

6 comments:

  1. Could you post the pancake recipe? I'm always on the hunt for a tried and true recipe. Thanks!
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to recipe and recipe copied below:
      https://rachelschultz.com/2013/08/12/old-fashioned-pancakes/

      OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKES

      Ingredients

      1 and ½ cups flour
      3 teaspoons baking powder
      ½ teaspoon salt
      1 tablespoon sugar
      1 and ¼ cups milk
      1 egg
      3 tablespoons butter, melted
      1 teaspoon vanilla

      Instructions

      Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Add in milk, egg, butter, and vanilla and whisk until evenly distributed.
      Lightly coat a large skillet with butter and heat over medium-low heat. Pour in ¼ cup batter.
      Flip when bubbles appear. Cook opposite side until slightly golden. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet again with butter after each batch.
      Serve with fruit, powdered sugar, maple syrup, etc.

      Delete
  2. I assume most restaurants use a box mix, which is why they are just no bueno!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote only has stop and drop off as well. Fr his winter grooming/sedation Il book at the one about 30 minutes away as they let me come in with him and get him settled, but they have a much bigger space and can separate owners and pets. the local one has a tiny waiting area and small exam spaces. I just go with the flow. I'm sorry for your dogs illness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our vets here on NW Minnesota are a drop off only and have been for a long time. I don’t think this is unusual. And sorry but we’re having a warm day at 2, yesterday-15 and fri -22 (actual temp not windchill).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems that lots of places are going back to the older rules for vets and pets. But, 17F is really too much for me.

    ReplyDelete