Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Procedure complete

DH had his prostate biopsy done this morning. It was a quick procedure and he should have the result on Monday. After he went back to have it done (at dr office) I went a couple blocks to our bank and got the cash out for dh's mechanic friend, for the transmission rebuild. That took all of 7 minutes, so then I pulled into Walgreens and grabbed a few needed things and then drove the 1 block back to the dr office to go back in and wait for him. I think I waited about 5 minutes is all. He said it wasn't painful, just uncomfortable and he's been taking it easy since we got home. Thankfully all the snow predicted today was rain instead, so no dealing with driving in the snow or him feeling like he needed to shovel and plow - and do something strenuous that he was told not to do. The dr told him his prostate is very enlarged, but that is not itself a sign of cancer. If the biopsy shows no cancer, he'd like dh to come back in 3 months and discuss surgery to reduce size of it. 

We got back home around 11:45, so we were only gone a total of 2 1/2 hours. I have the whole day off, so around 1pm I went to take a nap and dh decided to, also. I'm sure that was good for him. The dr. told him to expect blood in his urine and bm's for awhile, because of the procedure, but it's no worry. 

I had just come up here to my desk around 3:30 and our IT guy called me. Today they were installing a new version of our accounting software and he wanted to make sure it works when I log in from my work log in. Of course he didn't know I have the day off, LOL. I told him hold on a minute, I'm off today and just need to get logged into work, but had just been wondering if the install went ok as it was supposed to take place about 3pm. We took about 10 minutes or so on the phone and all seems to work fine.

I think I mentioned this house for sale near us that their are asking $1.4 million and then after like 2 weeks on the market reduced it by a whopping $10,000. They just did that again, LOL. Like...I'm pretty sure if someone was interested in it at 1,390,000 they would have made an offer....or even 1,380,000 LOL. We heard the scoop on it, if it's correct. It was for sale for a very short period last spring at just under a million dollars. Nice big house (though a little dated in style back to the 1990's) and 40 acres. Sold right away and turns out sold to some developer. He supposedly put $100,000 into updating it and then is only selling 5 acres with it, not 40, for 1.4 million (now 1.38 million). I think this guy was thinking he's going to cut a fat hog, but I think the $10,000 price reductions are kind of funny. That's what you would reduce on a lower priced home. A few more miles up the river from this house is 8 acres of land for sale for about 100 days. They just reduced their asking price $75,000.  That's how it works, haha.

Kind of feels like a wasted day, for some reason. I guess I feel like I should have gotten something done with my day off. Oh well.

6 comments:

  1. I would not want to wait three months even if it is not cancer! I am supposed to wait a year for the growths behind my thyroid. I won't wait.

    It seems you did get something accomplished today, took care of husband, got a bank transaction done, took a nap, inspired your husband to nap, and got a problem at work resolved. So, what else do you want to do, lady? LOL

    I never heard "cut a fat hog."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I would have thought "cut a fat hog" was a southern term, haha. Has anyone else heard that term used before?

      Delete
    2. I looked it up and it means take on more than you can handle. ???

      Delete
    3. I've always know it to mean you were expecting to get something/more out of, ie, this developer thought he was going to make a ton of money out of this one piece of property.

      The term originated in the Ozarks, and originally derived from when a man would slaughter a hog and discover a (surprisingly) thick layer of fat (or lard) between the meat and skin, which would then be able to be rendered off and used in cooking throughout the coming year.
      When a person was to have something that comes into their favor they were to say that “they cut a fat hog"

      Delete
  2. I'll send good thoughts. You were a good role model taking the nap. You've had a lot in your plate- probably did you some good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Hoping for the best outcome. It was nice to get a day off and a nap mid week.

      Delete