Monday, November 29, 2021

Monday off

I'm so glad I have today off. I kind of forgot it's Monday, LOL. I was on Facebook and dd just tagged me in a funny post and I'm thinking boy, she's up early at 7 her time. Then I remembered it's Monday, she's working.

Almost all the inside Christmas decor is put up. I just have some kitchen stuff and the one guest room to put on the Christmas duvet. I'll do that after I wash all the sheets today. 

Kitty has already tried to climb the big 12 ft tree......sigh........

DH sent me a link to a solar powered landscape light he wanted me to get to light the manger scene. I've been trying to order it from Home Depot online for 3 days. The screens just keep freezing up with the spinning circle. I finally got it in my cart and then couldn't get past that. So, this morning I tried logging in with a different browser and it worked fine. Of course, story of my life, I was $2 away from free shipping, then I remembered dh is out of electrical tape so I ordered a 10 pack rolls of that.

It was almost 60 degrees here yesterday. Very unusual for here this time of year and looks to be lasting a couple more days, mid 50's. 

When I called my mom yesterday to say hi, she did remember that she had been to my place for Thanksgiving. Honestly, I was kind of surprised she did.

Apparently the neighbors and neighbor down the road think our Christmas lights/display is a bit too much. One's response was to jumble one string of lights on the ground next to their driveway and plug it in (which was funny). The one down the road a mile told that neighbor "so, what? we have to start putting up lights now?" or something to that effect.  Dh told Mr. Neighbor we don't care what anyone else does. We like Christmas lights and decor for 5 or so weeks out of the year during the season and we do it for ourselves to enjoy. Dh said Mr. did say our place looks nice with the lights, though.              

22 comments:

  1. Enjoy your extra long weekend!! :) LOL. my mom has one tree half decorate and lights on the roof. Very small compared to other neighbours! But everyone's house looks beautiful. Your display is the kind folks enjoy on a nice winter drive outside :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly - when I see lights on houses when we are out driving, they are fun to look at. And being out where we are, there's not a lot of houses but it is a road cars drive by to get to the freeway, so I would hope as they come upon it, it brings a smile to their face.

      Delete
  2. I love your outdoor decorations! Whenever I am in the US around Christmas, I drive around neighborhoods just to enjoy the decorations. Last time, when I was driving from Florida to NY, I stopped in Mc Adenville in North Carolina. They are famous for their decorations. So joyful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! We have a friend, on the other side of the state, who lives in a neighborhood that the whole neighborhood goes all out. Their place looks amazing.

      Delete
  3. Me thinks your neighbors are full of jelly. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to agree with Monica - your neighbours seem to be butt hurt that you have such a nice display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When dh told me what he said and what the guy down the road said (through Mr. Neighbor) I said Oh. ok...so because they don't want to put up lights we aren't supposed to? Whatever!

      Delete
  5. I love to have people in our neighborhood with lovely light displays. Ours are generally more minimal, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone their lighting...I enjoy it! I do think there is a tendency for people to ramp up the competition for some reason, but we don't feel that urge. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have friends who live in a neighborhood where like 4 blocks go full on. Each street has a theme and it's so neat. He has sent us pictures of it all.

      Delete
  6. If these are the neighbors with the obnoxious son and DIL, I'd be tempted to tell them where to stick their lights. It wasn't like you have the Griswold's blinding the next door neighbors. If you are are fine with the electric bill, they can close their blinds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all LED Lights and according to mfg only coast about $30 to run for the month based on approximately how many we have up. Minimal coast to enjoy the lights in my book

      Delete
    2. and yes, these are the same neighbors.

      Delete
    3. excuse my spelling above LOL. I was typing from my ipad and it kept changing cost to coast.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love the response of the neighbors with their pile of lights. That is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bit too much? After that response to your festive display, I'd be tempted to add even more. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy!! So nice to see your name! I miss your blog!! Terry Busted and Disgusted

      Delete
    2. Lucy - that's what I'm thinking too, more more! haha. And I'm with Terry, miss reading your blog :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Terry and One Family! I've missed being part of the community. I really do need to revisit my blog. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  9. Certainly with your thoughts here and that i love your blog! I’ve bookmarked it making sure that I can come back & read more in the foreseeable future.
    I feel like I’m constantly looking for interesting things to read about a variety of subjects, but I manage to include your blog among my reads every day because you have compelling entries that I look forward to. Here’s hoping there’s a lot more amazing material coming!
    Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday.


    Read More: German shepherd husky mix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just enjoy yoursekves and let the comments roll off your back.

    ReplyDelete