Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday this and that

This week sure has gone by fast. It was at least a success in that my mom hasn't unplugged anything this week, but hey, the week ain't over yet, is it? We haven't heard anything on dh's MRI done last Monday. this morning I sent an email to the doctor, via Mychart. I know if I call I will not get through to even their front desk and would just have to leave a message anyway.

Kitty got to stay out of the cage all night last night. He's been going to bed with me most nights, but I've been putting him back up when dh comes to bed as he gets very rambunctious. Last night he was good and slept in between us, or so I thought. I woke up a few times thinking he was still there but obviously not, as he jumped back up on the bed at 7am. LOL.

I have to run into town sometime today to pick up dh's prescription refill. The pharmacy isn't open on weekends, and he took his last one this morning. While there we'll stop at the grocery store for a few things. This morning I gave dh dinner choice of either spaghetti tonight or pick up chicken from the deli. He chose the baked chicken from the deli, so that's what we'll do later this afternoon.

My neck is doing better. Still have the knot somewhat, but at least have not had the headache anymore. I think I figured out why my right elbow was hurting for a few days last week or so. I woke up last night with it hurting and realized I am sleeping on it in a weird position. So, now it's been hurting all morning, again. Hopefully, now that I know what's causing it, I can stop myself sleeping on it that way.

I think I should take the 20lb turkey out of the freezer tomorrow morning and put it in the refrigerator to start thawing. They always seem to take awhile. How soon do you do that?

We are thinking of taking a drive tomorrow to go see dh's friend. The one who stopped by on his way to his place over here, and took out dh's transmission for him. He's spending the week at his place, working on his log home that was only partially finished when he bought it. He's putting in some flooring or something. DH will see if he needs any help with anything and I've never seen his place, so might be nice to get out of the house for the day. I think it will all depend on how dh's feels when he gets up tomorrow. We have to play it day by day.

I was emailing with my side job lady. She was asking how to cut a check to help a long time employee out with something (how to handle it accounting wise). I gave her the answer and also said that is nice of them to do that for him. She said yes, her hubby does that all the time to help employees out with emergencies. I said yes he does! I remember years ago our 20 something year old furnace went out and it was an unexpected repair (winter of course) and I had asked him if it was ok if I cut my monthly check early because I needed to pay for this and he had me add extra to pay for the repair. I had forgotten about that! I think it was an extra $700 or $800 he gave me.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe 5 or 6 days for the turkey to thaw in the fridge. That's my estimate.
    I think it's cute that mr.kat is sleeping with you. He's adjusting really well. Meant to be :)
    I hope your neck works itself out before you get company.
    Yep, that's very nice when you come across a boss that takes special care of his employees.
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking usually I take it out Sunday to thaw for like a 12-16 lb one and this one is 20. Time to make room in the fridge!

      Delete
  2. Here's a graphic about when to take turkeys out to defrost by size: https://scontent.ftpf1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/258708520_452341876254746_8998370420892655551_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=39zGFL4pBIEAX9tmyPR&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpf1-1.fna&oh=932d6be6f65a4c1997cc499398681f5a&oe=619C5429

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would let a 20 lb. turkey thaw for three days. I would take it out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator on Monday if you are going to cook it Thanksgiving Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that with smaller 12-14 lb ones and still a bit frozen in the insides.
















      Delete
  4. Wow, you really have employers made of gold don't you. And THAT is the way to get fidelity and hard work from your staff - if others would just understand that the carrot is always better than the stick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at all the side job company owner has done for his employees and why.

      Delete