Friday, May 8, 2020

And the day continued

Goodness. what a day this Friday turned out to be. After I lost my work connection this morning it was only about 10 minutes before the vet was due to arrive, so I had to wait to get a hold of IT until I was done with the vet. I told the vet that dogs stool was still fairly soft, so he thought maybe he should test a sample, so I said I'd get it from his poop a half hour earlier. Do you think I could then find where the poop was?! I walked around that area I knew he had pooped (in a naturally tall grassy area) and could not find it. For like 20 minutes I walked around looking for it, thinking I must have gone nuts and imagined it. I'm surprised I didn't step in it. Finally I found it and put some in a little ziploc baggy.

Then I went back to my office to try to get online again, still no luck. I'm not sure how long the vet had the dog in his big van, probably close to a half hour more. He brought the dog back in the house when he was done. He said pup was kind enough to give him a stool sample, so he didn't need the one I spent 20 minutes looking for. Said it came back normal and he didn't think it was "too" soft, so wasn't really worried. Used some sort of "reversing anethesia" I think he called it. Nice big shaved square on his back. Some antibiotic pills, pain pills, instructions, a $583 charge, and he was on his way.

And I still couldn't get back onto work. I know our IT is working on some server stuff starting today thru the weekend. Or maybe it was the tele co/internet provider who has issues, but my internet was working fine. I called IT and he logged into my home computer and tried to figure it out. It would log into the VPN/server, then it would act like it was remoting into my computer at the office, but then would error out. He tried several things. Hung up awhile, called me back. Hung up, called me back. Then he lost connection to my home computer and couldn't get it back. Then I couldn't even connect the VPN step anymore. I tried resetting my modem. No change. I tried again. No change. My IT guy had me call my internet provider. They were no help. Said my internet is working, so it's not anything they can help with. Then my IT guys says "welp, sorry but there's no more troubleshooting I can do. I can only do our end and nothings wrong on our end that I can find". Oh great. So, I hang up and call my boss. She didn't like that answer either. I told her I was going to try a couple things on my end and call the internet provider again, maybe I'd get a different, more helpful person.

I couldn't see a wifi option for my network. Weird. I unplugged my ethernet cable from my computer to see if that would trigger the wifi. Nope. What the heck - why can't I use wifi if I wanted to? So, I plugged the ethernet cable back in and decided to check again. It suddenly all worked! Why that was what was causing an issue I have zero idea. I was literally about to hook up my old computer and try that. I called my boss back to let her know I was back on and she was on the other line with the IT guy, so said ok, let him know for me it's fixed. It was almost 2pm by that time! What a total waste of a day. The only thing I got done in that short window I was online with work this morning was collect on an old a/r invoice we were owed for over $3000. I guess I earned my keep for the day with that, at least. My boss texts "take a nap, you've earned it" I said I haven't earned crap today, LOL. She said computer issues are more stressful than working, LOL.

My dd's mother's day gift arrived. A nice bathtub tray I've been wanting.

So...ya'll know where I'm going to be this evening!



3 comments:

  1. I was thinking something ate your dog's poop. I hate computer problems with a passion. Thankfully, your boss is understanding. I love your gift. I especially love the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's the best boss. That little tilted up part on the tray, does kind of look like a mirror, but it's just a nylon fabric type of support that folds up, to hold a book, I'm assuming.

      Delete
    2. I suppose something to hold a book is even better than a mirror.

      Delete