Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A busy morning and lost papers

My morning of errands and doctor appointment went exactly on schedule. I got to the feed store right at 8:30. Was out at 8:55 and at Lowe's by 9am. It's been pouring rain all morning, so not a good day to be outside looking at their plants at all. I had gone in first to get the door latch and gloves and had them in a shopping cart. Went out to look at the hanging baskets for $7. They were really crappy, so I didn't get any. I did buy one tomato plant to try. By then I was soaked and so was my purse and the items in my cart. Couldn't find any cucumber or leaf lettuce plants. I looked at seed packets then, and only found cucumber. Nothing for lettuce or green beans.

Got to my dr. office right on time. Went to grab my (homemade) mask out of my purse and it wasn't there. I KNOW I put it in my purse this morning. I still had the little ziploc bag in the car with the really crappy paper mask I wore to the eye dr, so I put that on. Fogged up my glasses right away. As I was trying to check in, the gal said "you have same problem as I do, with fogging glasses" I said that I had a better mask that I thought was in my purse, but it's not. Then she offered me one of their disposable masks she had to hand out, if needed. Oh thank you! That fit much better and the fogging up wasn't quite as bad. Since my appt was later morning, I did not fast for blood work. I usually do that another day, at a closer lab and same place when I do my mammogram. My dr told me to just wait a couple of months or so to do the blood work and mammo. She also recommended I get the shingles vaccine, which I'm glad she brought up, because after my half sis and my boss both having shingles recently, that was something I wanted to ask about (but had forgotten, of course).

As soon as I was out of the doctors, I drove over to Walmart. I was about 10 minutes early and then also had to wait almost another 15 minutes for them to bring out my grocery order. Headed home, still driving 50 miles in the pouring rain. No fun.

Now, I'm trying to get payroll done, as that is due today. I wasn't paying attention to my calendar when I made the dr. appt last week, or I wouldn't have made the appt. today. Now, I'm waiting on an email back from my boss, who had said she was changing a salary person to an hourly person who wants to just work 4 days a week now.

Earlier I had emailed my mom's broker acct assistant lady. I wanted to make sure she got the paperwork I mailed and my mom was supposed to sign and mail back. Well, of course. She only got mine and hasn't received my mom's! UGHARRRHG!!! The day my mom got it in the mail she called me about it. I asked her then next day or the day after, if she remembered to get it in the mail (they sent a self addressed stamped envelope). She said "oh...I think I did I must have". Of course she didn't remember it a day or two later. So, I'm not even going to ask my mom about it or have her look through her desk papers for it. I'm just going to wait until I get there next Thursday and look for it myself. It has to be there with her papers, I'm sure. If I ever get all this changed and fixed, it will be a miracle!

I received 2 small checks in the mail yesterday. One for $14.90 from a class action lawsuit. I thought I had already received something from it, and then read the stub and it said this was an additional payout. I also already received the $10 rebate on the gallon of paint I bought a few weeks ago. That was pretty fast for a rebate. Usually those take forever.....or don't even come at all.


3 comments:

  1. The dr mentioned some people have a day after the shot where they don't feel too well. I guess there is a shortage of the vaccine right now, so they didn't have any but she thought a few pharmacies around town do have it in stock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days are not good days for running errands, are they? I hope you found your fabric mask or are able to get a new one. That's good that you will be going to see your mom, next week, and you can sort out the missing papers, then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot find the mask I made - so strange! The trip over to my mom is to get her moved finally!

      Delete