Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tuesday this and that

I just seriously hate contractors. We had 3 scheduled to come Monday. Finally one showed up like at 3:30. DH is still also waiting to hear from 2 others - the fencing guy and the sprinkler system guy. I'm sure a lot of it is the squeaky wheel gets the grease as to who they show up for. DH will not, for some reason, be a squeaky wheel (though he sure will with me!). I also do not understand why none of them can text or call and tell you they aren't coming! How hard is that to do? Of course this is all flashbacks of building our house, mental anguish which we had hoped was behind us.

The insulation guy (to fix our house issue and insulate the shed) are now supposed to come Thursday, but DH is expecting them to not show up, because now it's supposed to rain all day Thursday. DH had the mold mitigation guys just leave up the black plastic sheeting they put up to cover the sides of our house in the 4 area they had to spray up in the eaves. Our front and back laundry room (where the house angles to the garage) doors and siding are covered, our bedroom wall, looking out back is covered, and another one in front of the house, over the wall our bathroom looks out in front. Great, so every day that the insulation guys delay is another day we have to have that hanging there.

DH hasn't heard from his brother in over a week. After brother's episode #20 of "let's continue to bash on DH for wrecking (his own) his car or two when he was a teenager and DH just replying a one word answer, because what else is there to say and he's tired of it.  It was 40 years ago. So, now DH is mad that he hasn't heard from him, LOL. Then I think they started messaging last night. Like I also told DH, your brother is an alcoholic, and while he says he's not drinking anymore, most likely the days where he doesn't hear from him, he probably is.

I use my Paypal credit card to earn cash back. Usually it's 2% on all purchases, but I forgot that this past month they had done an offer of 4%. I logged in today expecting my usually $30 or so and it was $93, which was a nice surprise.

I've been watching the new season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. I'm about halfway through the 10 episodes. I'm trying to take my time, LOL, and not watch it all in 2 days.

DD has an indoor cat, who never even tries to go outside. She said last night the cat bolted out the back sliding door when she had it open to let the dogs in. I said that cat is making a run for it - sick of having people constantly in her house! LOL.

My new chest freezer is supposed to deliver this morning between 9 and 11. She said we were the 2nd stop on the delivery route, so I'm guessing closer to 9am. Too bad Walmart is out of stock on half my order and almost anything frozen I tried to order.....I will also have to try to shop at another grocery store to get what I can't get at Walmart tomorrow. I had hoped to avoid going inside a store, but we are out of so much now.

Day 7 of the IRS Get My Payment still showing me Status Not Available and no way to enter my direct deposit info.

Well, into the shower so I am dressed and ready when the freezer shows up.

Also, another good night with my eye :)





9 comments:

  1. Your experience with contractors is not mine. I was lucky. My guys were great. Of course, I made it clear I only wanted to deal with the builder--he dealt with/coordinated everything else.
    That said, we finally ordered Levelor shutters via Lowe's. It was a HUGE order. One of the blinds came dented, one without enough hinges. Lowe's was a nightmare on that, including calling me and telling me that I needed to take a picture of the damage before they could send an order to replace--all stuff the Levelor rep. did while he was here. Finally got the replacement shutter and hinge, but are mission one pin for the hinge...the Levelor rep. told me he would just mail it to me, and we could place it ourselves. It's yet to arrive, though.
    Sure wish my contractor did windows...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While our builder was a joke, these contractors now aren't related to the house or builder job. Just people we are hiring to do some of the stuff...sod, sprinkler system, fence, finish shed. The insulation guy is part of the house build but due to our crappy general/builder he was someone we had to find on our own back then, too. We don't have a lot of window coverings, but so far I have ordered the ones we got through blinds.com and we installed ourselves and I've been happy with them.

      Delete
  2. *missing* not mission. Spell check got a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is exactly why I would never build a house. Don't have the stamina for those contractors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are watching Bosch Season 6, too! Sorry to tell you this but there are only 8 episodes! Pace yourself! ha ha We watch 2 a night - tonight are 7 & 8 then it's over! Boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked again. It says there are 10 episodes. I hope so. I'm not ready to be done with it yet!

      Delete
    2. You are right - I don't know why I saw only 8 when I Googled it earlier! But as we stopped tonight it still showed 9 & 10! YAY!! One more night! :-)

      Delete
    3. It's such a good show. Wish there were more episodes! Enjoy your extra night ;)

      Delete