Friday, April 3, 2020

Some great news

Remember a little while back when I asked my side job boss lady (owner's wife) about an increase in my pay, since it's been 5 years? She had said she'd talk to her hubby about it, but was waiting for him to be in a better mood, LOL. She mentioned last week she hasn't forgotten about it and was putting the bug in his ear.

Well, he just emailed me to ask what they were paying me a month. I said $1000. He said ok, how about $2000 a month? will that work? Heck ya!!!!!!!!!! That is why I let them offer me the amount, rather than saying hey, could I get a $200/mo raise. I figured maybe they'd go a little higher, but was not expecting him to double it! Plus, then his wife emailed back that she wants to retro it back to January 1st. So, I get a $3000 check and when I get paid at the end of this month it will then be $2000. I am so happy!

16 comments:

  1. YAY! That would work for me. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's GREAT! See, it never hurts to ask - & the way you went about it - letting them throw out the first figure - was the way to approach it!! YAY YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was even way more than I ever imagined it would be! Woo!

      Delete
  3. Yay! Congratulations on the raise! That is a good raise, too! I'm so glad for you. It's good to see hard work being recognized. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he said I am worth that to them, so that was nice to hear and his wife texted me after and said sorry they hadn't realized it before and that they really appreciate the work I do.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's fantastic news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fully deserved I can tell. Congratulations. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the kind of good news folks don't get every day. My husband about 9 months ago was finally compensated for his work filling in for the stores GM on his days off, vacation, schedule conflicts, but only to the tune of $9,000 extra in his base ay. Since he would be stuck doing so much anyway, it was at least better than the previous expectations of taking care of things for others, which could impact this own ability to earn. It sure is needed now. The after tax and 401K contribution only nets about $435, but that is a guaranteed $435 we certainly could use right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is a rare kind of good news, at least for me :) And the extra unexpected helps make up for no raise at my regular job.

      Delete
  8. oh thats great!! congrats on the payrise!

    ReplyDelete