Friday, January 6, 2023

Carpet and bras

The carpet guy came yesterday (right on time, this time, ha!) and got the bonus room measured. He said he'll email me the quote this morning and said it's takes about 2 weeks to get the carpet in, after ordering, and another week or two probably to schedule the installer. This is the carpeting I picked out

So, hopefully in the next month I'll have a carpeted bonus room, finally. 

Linda asked to see a picture of the cute copper pitcher dd picked up for me. It will be cute with neighbors fresh flowers in it, during the summer.

The 3 items I ordered from Amazon last Saturday, still have not shipped. What the heck?! I want my new coffee maker and ipad cover, LOL.

K texted me yesterday that it appears my mom could use a couple more bras as she only has 2. I could have sworn she had at least 3. Every time I have dug around in her dresser looking for keys, wallet, etc, I thought I'd see at least 2 bras (plus she had one on), but I guess not. I asked her if by chance there is a size tag still on either one as I have no clue what size she is anymore. All I remember is from when I was young and she was always a 36B and I know she isn't that anymore! Luckily there was a size still showing and it's 42C, LOL. Now I just have to figure out what bras to get for her. I'm 99% certain hers are not underwire in them. I think K is doing her laundry tomorrow so I will ask if there is also a brand name on them. I think I'll try to order them from Kohl's, that way I can add on getting something for me with my $10 Kohl's cash and the order will be big enough for free shipping. I wish I could just order stuff to be shipped to her apartment, so it gets to her sooner, but I know it would just end up most likely lost. Speaking of bras....and breasts...when I was really little, like 3 yrs old or so, I thought breasts were called "hearts"....because back then there were the commercials on tv for the "cross your heart" bras, LOL.

I'm also trying to figure out when is the next best day to go in to see her. I got an email notification from her online pharmacy that her 90 days meds are being shipped and I'd hoped they'd be here by the end of this week, but it appears they weren't due to ship out until like yesterday and won't be here until later next week. Plus, now I'll have bras arriving next week too. I wanted to go in to see her Sunday or Monday, but maybe I'll try to push it out until later next week. Plus, I still need to get a tour of that memory care place scheduled sometime in the near future. And just got a postcard it's time for the cats annual vet visit.  And mostly I just don't want to go anywhere, LOL.

15 comments:

  1. It hard to plan I'm sure when she doesn't remember when you come anyway. I find Kohl's expensive for basics. What about Walmart order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can more than afford nice clothes/undergarments, so I feel like I should "shop" where she would shop for herself if she could, and Walmart isn't it, LOL. For her main clothes she typically shopped Lands End and clothes like Alfred Dunnar. Not super high end, but not Target or Walmart quality, either.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the Cross Your Heart variety bras. Kohl's and Walmart same, but price more at Kohl's. I respect your point though of course. Good luck finding what she needs.

      Delete
    3. oh gotcha! Hopefully the ones I just ordered at Kohl's will do the job ;)

      Delete
  2. Amazon Turkey regretted to inform me that one of my orders got cancelled by the vendor today. The frustrating part is they did it today when my order was supposed to be delivered, not when I ordered. That is a very nice neutral color for your carpet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just realized a tool part I ordered for dh back in Dec still has not shipped

      Delete
  3. The carpet looks nice & easy to care for. I LOVE the copper pitcher. That was an excellent find. :)
    If you have any discounts, I would try Kohls for the bras. If you need them sooner, try Walmart or even Amazon.
    January is such a dull month. I'd like to stay home but it doesn't always work out.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the carpet will make such a difference in that room and then we can start to do other things in their, furniture, etc. I did end up ordering the bras from Kohls. That copper pitcher is so cute and I like that it's on the smaller side. It will look really cute in my house...not dd's! LOL.

      Delete
  4. Thanks. That is a really cute pitcher. I hope no one decides I need a bra at a home! That would put me in a perpetually bad mood. I remember the "cross your heart" bras. It is funny what little kids think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'd rather have someone decide I need a new bra(s) than Depends..:)

      Delete
  5. Anne Brew

    The cross-your-heart bra! That would “lift and separate” - now that takes me back.
    Your carpet choice is going to look great and will sit well with any furniture you rest on it. It looks deep and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I forgot the "life and separate" part!

      Delete
    2. I can still hear those old commercials in my head, LOL

      Delete
  6. Does K have an office where you could send things to be intercepted for your mom? Of course, ask first, but from my experience (both professionally and as DPOA for my dad), many agencies are very accommodating.
    Nice pick for the carpet and cute vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does apparently have an office, as she also has a small bookkeeping business she runs. Since mom isn't going to (hopefully) be living there much longer, I'm just going to make due with having shipped here. Once she's moved I'll see what the memory care place can do to accommodate if I want some supplies shipped to her room.

      Delete