Monday, October 10, 2022

Saved money Monday

I can't reply to comments signed in as me, for some reason, so that's why no replies the past 2 days. I'm signed in but when I try to reply it shows me as not signed in.

I did find the hair clippers charger. Right where I thought it was...after looking in my office drawers and cabinets first, of course. In one of the storage bins we had moved to the next bedroom's closet I had put all those mystery cords I took from my mom's place and started looking through those and found the one for the hair clippers. It even says Wahl on the plug in part. I charged the clippers awhile and then put all of it in the bag for the clippers, that I keep in our bathroom. In my searching around, I also found 2 sets of ear buds and one is the type that will work with my new(ish) cell phone. The iphone 11 I got awhile back doesn't have an earbud jack plugin, like the older phones do. I don't know what this set came with (it's definitely Apple) but it plugs into the charging part of the phone. It didn't come with our new phones, they didn't come with earbuds. I have missed being able to have earbuds to use with my phone, sometimes. This set also comes with a little adapter that I can plug my other "jack" type earbuds into and then plug into my phone. Cool. I had been thinking of buying some new earbuds that would work in my phone, so now I don't have to spend the $. DH also said he wanted a phone charger (why I don't know, he can charge it easily in the house) that plugs into the lighter of his side by side, in case he ever needs to charge his phone while using it. I also found one of those we had for our old car when I was looking for the hair clippers charger. Saved money again.

Since last Christmas I have been wanting a set of reindeer to display indoors. Preferably one sitting and one standing. The few I found I liked were too expensive. A couple weeks ago dd saw these while at Costco and sent me a pic to see if I liked them. They were $60 for the set, so that wasn't bad. I decided to get them and had her order them for me and ship here and they came on Friday. I like them and they are good sized. I also ordered a set of 3 similar designed Christmas trees that are supposed to arrive today. My plan is to put them all on the fireplace hearth when I decorate for Christmas.


Other than Christmas, I'm not a "seasonal" decorator. Just too much work. I follow a few decor pages on Facebook and of course now it's all filled with people's fall decor. But, I did come across a couple of cute ideas for fall decorating on/around a church pew and I think I might do that next year with my church pew. Get a couple of fall pillow case covers and a few fake pumpkins/gourds.

For dinner last night I made a new recipe - chicken fried rice. I saw the recipe on the box of pre-diced frozen chicken breast I had bought awhile back and it looked good. And it was! It was a lot of ingredients and steps (not usually my style at all, LOL) but fairly easy. I halved the recipe as that seemed like it would be enough and if it wasn't good I didn't waste a bunch. But it was just the right amount...for dh to have 3rds LOL. I will definitely make again sometime soon and just make the full amount. It was enough as a meal in itself for us. We had rice, veggies and meat all in one. I did "cheat" on prep where I could. I bought a jar of diced garlic and for the carrots (and peas) I just bought a bag of frozen diced peas and carrots. I had ordered the ginger root with my Walmart order and ordered what I thought was a very small amount and it was this bag of several roots, way too much. I'm wondering if I can grate it up and put in a container and keep in the fridge awhile, to use later. I'll have to check on that.

The grass growing has slowed down. It's hardly grown any since dh mowed it last Wednesday. He said he'll probably have one more mow this week sometime and that will be the last. 

I just had a check to print out and mail for my side job. Thought I was being all on the ball getting done and walking down to the mailbox before the carrier comes this morning...only to be reminded by Mr. Neighbor, who was outside spraying for weeds, that there is no mail today, LOL.

11 comments:

  1. You can easily freeze ginger and grate it from frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie beat me to it but yes, you can freeze the ginger in it's root form and grate it as needed. You can peel it also, if you're so inclined but I just grate it and the peel just kind of dissipates. I don't know how else to explain it. It is also so easy to grate it while it's still frozen. Just make sure to wrap each root in some plastic wrap and then put them into a zippy bag before freezing. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the reindeer were for outside until you said you would put it on the hearth. I wonder how kitty will initially see these new indoor animals.
    It is amazing how many electronic things I have in boxes.
    Since I am hungry, the chicken rice dish sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have wished the chargers that come with gadgets have the name of the gadget on them so a person can match them up, LOL. I was surprised to see the name on this one.

      Delete
    2. I don't think kitty will care about the deer. I have some duck decoys around as decor and he pays zero attention.

      Delete
  4. ( Anne Brew )
    What a treasure trove of useful electrical gizmos you dug out of that bag of miscellaneous cables and ear buds!
    Quite a saving. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really just need to throw all the one's from mom's place away, but now I don't know if I mingled others of mine with those or not...

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you found the charger!!! I get SOOOO annoyed if I buy a new one because I will then inevitably find the old one the next day. I guess I shouldn't keep so much junk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found it too. I could just see dh asking for a haircut one of these days and I go to use it and no charge left in it.

      Delete