Friday, May 3, 2019

Finally!

Whew - the 3rd replacement cabinet was good! Shortly after the cabinet guys showed up, the granite guys showed up. They are starting on the bathrooms and laundry room and then can move into the kitchen, once the cabinet guys are done. It looks like the cabinet guys are almost done.

The granite is set in the master bathroom. It looks really nice. I'll post pictures in my next post.

The mason should finish up the shop stonework today. He has another job to do/finish next week, so he won't be back for a week and then he thinks it will take 2-3 weeks to do the house outside stonework.

Pecan cabinet stain vs pecan door/trim stain sure is different, LOL. So, our cabinets are a lot darker then the pantry door and trim. It doesn't look terrible, but I think it will be ok. When we get our wood bar countertop that stain will end up looking a bit different, too, I'm sure. I'm not one where everything has to match exactly, anyway. Like my DD said, when she saw a picture, it kind of breaks it up, rather than all same exact stain color.

So, we ended up with all the bad cabinets, since there's nothing anyone else can do with them. We have two lower corner cabinets (those are the cracked ones), 1 upper cabinet (was wrong size) and 1 upper corner shelf unit (was also done wrong). We think we'll just use them up in our bonus room, someday when we can get to doing a little bar area up there.

We hung up our wind chimes on the back patio a few days ago. These were some chimes our old "good neighbor" had sent us a year or more ago. For our new house. Really big and nice wind chimes. They sound so pretty. Almost like church bells. They are called "Corinthian Bells".

That's all the update I have for today.









12 comments:

  1. Definitely something to celebrate! So, I am raising my tea cup for the occasion. Probably scotch would be more appropriate but green tea with cinnamon is not so bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, since I don't drink Green tea with cinnamon sounds just fine :)

      Delete
  2. You will be moving in soon!
    I have loved everything that I have seen so far. Great taste!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting closer and closer to the final move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

      Delete
  4. Home stretch. I'm glad your pleased with the results as it will make the waits worth it-sort of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7 weeks delay, but it's done and moving forward again, thankfully.

      Delete
  5. Eager to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Sam says "home stretch". And I love wind chimes too (although I'm not so sure my neighbour likes mine!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we took them outside they sounded so loud (right next to them). I was like "ohhh, those might be too loud and annoying. We don't want to annoy neighbors". Neighbor guy happened to be outside and DH walked over to side of our property with them and neighbor looked over wondering what he was hearing, LOL. But, we put them on the back patio and even with heavy winds (we've had some recently) they can't be heard that far away. They sure have a pretty sound and even inside our house, they aren't too loud.

      Delete