Sunday, May 5, 2019

Broken record

My friend is still dealing with her cheating husband. I kind of backed off messaging her for awhile. I was just too exhausted to listen to it and try to respond to her. Nothing has changed whatsoever and it's the same conversation every time. It's been almost a year she's been dealing with this. I did message her a couple weeks ago to say I'm sorry I haven't checked in on her, but I've been exhausted with this house build and especially during the time we were dealing with Painter Lady.

She still wants him back, blames the lady he's cheating/living with. I told her he's responsible for all this, not her. She said she knows that, but....I just said I can only imagine what you are going through, but I would have to have some resolution to it all, one way or another. Honestly, she can't be any more miserable if she divorced him, compared to what she is dealing with this way. She thinks the other woman is giving him drugs and he doesn't know it, which is why he has changed so much. I said I'm sure he probably is on drugs of some kind, but I have a hard time believing she is giving him drugs without him knowing it. I'd certainly know if I was being given drugs, you know? I'm starting to think friend just wants to be the victim in all this, rather than just divorcing his cheating ass and moving on with her life. He's barely helping her with their house payment and bills.

The granite installers left this spray bottle of cleaner to use on the granite. It's called Easy Oxy. As I'm using it (to wipe off some grout haze left from backsplash) I notice it smells exactly like this cleaner I used to have years and years ago. Years ago (like almost 20 years now - geez! time flies), when we bought our motorhome it came with a little bottle of carpet cleaner. That stuff was AMAZING! it would get out any stain in my carpets. Grease was a common stain - due to DH having construction equipment and grease would get on boots/shoes. It as a small bottle and I managed to find it online and ordered a second bottle. Then the company went out of business. I have missed that carpet cleaner all these years. I have never found anything that worked like that. And it smells good. A citrus smell.

I'm pretty sure this is the same stuff I had all those years ago. It says it also works on carpet stains (and cleans just about any surface type). I sprayed it on the tile in the shower. It took up a whole bunch of grout haze still on there. It's kind of expensive, but I know it's going to be my go to cleaner. It's on Amazon for $22 (including shipping) for a 32 oz bottle. Other websites sell it for like $14, but shipping is $8. I did find a 2 pack on Ebay that works out to $16 a bottle.

Still having trouble getting up the grout haze on the shower pebble floor. The tile guy that just did our backsplash said he uses white wine vinegar, so I am going to try that.

12 comments:

  1. Oh your poor friend. He is humiliating her isn't he. I guess she will stay until the pain of staying outweighs the pain of leaving - but I hope for her sake she takes action soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is humiliating her and lying about her to others. It's so sad.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe your friend still wants her cheating husband back. Obviously he isn't going to change. Sad that she lives in such a state of denial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hasn't made any attempt to reconcile with her in over 5 months now and she's only even talked to him a couple of times the past several months. He isn't going to change his mind.

      Delete
  3. I forget, are there children in the house still? It would make a difference. What is the product called you found on Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No children. The product is called Easy Oxy

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the house is coming along nicely! I guess it was "3rd time lucky" with the kitchen cabinets. Sorry about your friend's situation, good of you to check on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so relieved the cabinets are in now. I feel so bad for my friend.

      Delete
  5. Your friend is still on the first step of grieving: Denial
    I hope, she gets over him soon enough. Such a waste of what might be a good and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. She is still in denial. I had hoped her counseling would help her through that. This was several months ago and seemed like it was helping her see that, but I guess not.

      Delete
  6. How nice that the house is progressing and the end is in sight. I will check out the cleaner.
    I do not use vinegar on my grout. I read somewhere that the grout is a base and reacts badly with the acid in vinegar, but it could well be misinformation that I read.and fell for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if the white wine vinegar is different than just white vinegar? But the tile guy says that's all he uses

      Delete