Thursday, May 2, 2019

Cholesterol and meeting more new folks

I received my cholesterol results back and all good there, so I will be keeping on the Simvastatin dose I've been on for several years now. My overall cholesterol was 144. It will take a few days on the mammogram results.

The mason is progressing with the stonework every day. It looks so much better than tyvek! ha! Our neighbor sent me an email this morning that said our stonework looks absolutely beautiful.

We received the billing for the rockery backhoe work yesterday, but it didn't appear to have the charge for the helper guy that came with them on one of the days. DH called the guy who owns the backhoe and he said they forgot to add it on and then said if we just wanted to give the guy payment direct, that's fine too. The guy that did the helping is a guy (few years older than us) that actually lives up on the mountain right above us. DH called him and he said he'd stop by and pick up the check. He seems like a really nice guy - quite a talker, too. haha. We ended up standing outside talking to him for like 2 hours. He's originally from our old area, too. They built a house wayyy up - gravel road, and tons of snow in the winter (compared to what we even get). Sounds like a big house, too. He invited us to come up and visit/meet wife, etc this weekend. Said he'd call DH when he got back Saturday morning from turkey hunting, so maybe we can do that Saturday afternoon. Will be nice to get to know some other new people, too. I can't wait to see their view from their house. I know it's going to be incredible. We haven't specifically been up their road, but other logging roads up on these surrounding mountains and the views are amazing.

No word back from the countertop people on when they are coming. She said she had to check with her husband to see his schedule (since the replacement cabinet isn't coming until tomorrow morning) and I asked her to please call me back and let us know what the plan is.

Well, I am swamped with work. My side job is requiring some extra time this week. Their banking situation is cluster. In the past month they have opened accounts with 2 new banks and a 3rd is in the works. Plus I haven't received all the info so I can get the statements so I can record all the transactions and figure out what money went where. They got their original checking account compromised, so it got closed and and a new checking opened at same bank. She wasn't happy with them, so opened one with another bank. Then decided to use another bank, but keep that second one, too. It's all giving me a headache.


8 comments:

  1. Seems like you are getting there. I hope the kitchen will be done sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they just called - granite countertop guy starting tomorrow! yay!

      Delete
  2. Glad your numbers looked good.
    Fingers crossed all the finishing details will be behind you soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the cholesterol numbers. A lot of folks struggle with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the simvastatin has been working for me.

      Delete
  4. Always good news when labs come back normal. I see from your comment above that the countertops are starting today. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep - the cabinet guys just got here to install that dang cabinet! then counter guys should be here soon too

      Delete