Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Early is mid morning

The carpet install guy showed up yesterday afternoon, as he wanted to drop off the padding and do measurements himself, just to make sure. He said his guys would be here early morning.....well, we all know what that means around here, LOL. It's 9:30 and they aren't here yet. What does "early morning" or "first thing in the morning" mean in your neck of the woods? For me, that is 7, 8am at the latest.

I ordered the bathroom hardware yesterday. I discovered they make sets of towel bar, toilet paper holder, hand towel ring and hook. It was cheaper than ordering individually, too.  I ordered 3 sets, for 3 bathrooms, but was at first thinking I would need 4 rings for hand towel, as we need 2 in our master bathroom. Then I remembered I have a standing hand towel holder (also in bronze) that I can use to set on the counter in the upstairs guest bathroom, so do not need a ring for that bathroom. At first I was looking at the set on Home Depot, but then the shopping app on my computer said it was a bit cheaper at Walmart, so I ordered it from there, plus that was 2 day shipping, so it should be here by Friday. That will give DH something to do this weekend.

Now I need to figure out window treatments for our bedroom and master bathroom. I'll worry about the upstairs bedrooms later. I like to see a room furnished to decide what window treatments. I think in the master bathroom, where we have two big windows, I am just going to do cafe/tier style on the bottom half. It's not like anyone will be able to see in them, but need some privacy, of course. I can't decide what to do in our bedroom. Blinds or shades. Which is why I haven't bought any yet, because I can't decide what I want. I know I don't want curtains, as I want the wood trim around the windows to show. I need to go out and measure the windows, to start.

Our neighbor from down at the end of the street stopped by yesterday to see if DH had a tool he could borrow. He did. He had his little one with him. Such a cutie. He turns 2 next week. He's very afraid of dogs. One of our dogs was out when they pulled in and got out. At least this time he didn't cry, he just looked at him and said "dog", so that is better. One time the other neighbors dogs were barking (from their kennel) and he started crying, just hearing them. I always feel bad that he's so scared of dogs.

Well, that's all I know so far, for today.  I'll get back to earning  money to pay for all this..LOL       

3 comments:

  1. Hope the carpet team showed up by now. I would go with the easy to clean kind of window treatment.

    I was afraid of cats and dogs well into my adulthood. I got over the fear of dogs when I was 28 or so. I also got over the fear of cats but only last year! Took me so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure any window treatments are easy to clean, other than some cheap curtains that I can pull down and wash, haha. How did you get over your fear? I was attacked by a dog when I was 5, but even with that have never been afraid of dogs.

      Delete
    2. oh, and, yes they finally got here like 10am....blamed it on road construction. The amount of traffic on the highway and the road construction going on might have delayed them 5 minutes, LOL.

      Delete