Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Movies and shows

My new car payment had a due date of the 11th of each month. I was kind of wishing it came out of the 15th paycheck, and then while logged into my account online I noticed you could request a change of due date, so I did that. I just prefer that my 2 biggest payments are split between paychecks. So, I pay the mortgage on the last day of each month and now the car payment on the 15th.

DD decided to do some shopping around for auto and home insurance. They had been with the same company for several years (I think it was who SIL, and his parents, had always been with). Well, between their auto's (they have 3 or 4 cars and a camper trailer) and their home, she was able to find $2000 a year in savings by switching. That's quite a bit, for sure.

Last night I watched The Adam Project on Netflix. Cute movie, though the action scenes didn't do much to keep me interested. It's kind of funny, I hadn't heard of the movie until a Facebook friend (a lady in her 40's) made a post a few days ago about it: "if you don't cry watching the Adam Project, do you have a soul?". I looked the movie up online to see what it was about, thinking it must be some serious type of movie, LOL. Oh, ok, it's just a cute family/kids type movie. Have to admit (like most of her FB friends did) that I did not cry, LOL. She and one or two of her friends said they cried several times during it. I guess I have no soul.

My side job boss and I will occasionally recommend shows to each other to watch. She's the one who told me about Resident Alien and Ted Lasso. But, apparently they only watch what her dh wants to watch, it mostly sounds like. Last night I told her about Severance (as she said she likes mystery type shows) and she said that looks good - she'll have to see if she can get her dh to try it - as he controls the remote in the evenings. I hope they mostly enjoy the same things on tv or that would get pretty old to never watch what you'd like to watch. DH and I rarely watch the same stuff, haha. We only have one tv but if one of us wants to watch something different or doesn't want to watch what the other is watching we go do our own thing or I sit and read or he goes and watches something on his computer (he watches a lot of youtube "channels"). Either way, I end up watching what I want to watch and he watches what he wants to watch and every so often we have a show or movie we watch together. He will usually come in and sit down to watch Tucker Carlson with me each evening and we both enjoy Young Sheldon. Sometimes he will watch the Voice with me. I will usually sit through if he's watching something like Gold Rush. But, neither of us controls the remote, LOL. And since all shows can be recorded or are on demand, we can watch them anytime if one of us is watching something else at the time. And since dh usually falls asleep as soon as he sit down in the recliner or on the couch to watch tv, it doesn't really matter, haha. That's why he seems to prefer watching stuff in his den, on his computer. 

Another little thing I like about the new car - it has wireless phone charging.

8 comments:

  1. Tommy controls the remote, but we both decide what to watch. I know that if he wants to watch something sports, that is what we watch! However, there are only a few things he must watch. I have noticed that once the weekend gets here in the fall, I am aware that he has let me watch things all week long. I suppose that is his answer to my saying I don't want to watch a football game. I just sit and read on the laptop. Or, read a book. There is little contention. The reason he controls the remote is that I really don't care. Plus, he has to use two remotes to get things going. And, learning that does not interest me. I do think he would be adamant about wanting the remote if I pushed it. I am not capitulating, just don't care.

    I would just take my phone to the car rather than plugging it up if I had it. Tommy's car has to be running. Mine will charge my phone whether the car is on or not. But, wireless charging is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what she means when she says he controls the remote is he gets to decide what they watch in the evenings. When we are watching something I always "control" it, haha. Fast forward through commercials, etc if we can. I can't imagine saying "hey, there's this show I'd like to watch" and he gets to decide if we watch it or not!

      Delete
  2. Controls the remote? Ooh man. I would be watching stuff on my laptop on my own. Love the wireless charging in the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be he gets to decide what they watch on tv each evening. I'd be like ok - see ya, I'm going to watch something on my computer or ipad.

      Delete
  3. My dh pretty much controls what we watch because I really don't care. I watch basically no TV in the evening. It's just background noise for me most of the time. If there's something I want to watch, or hate, then he will change, but mostly I don't care what he chooses. I have things I do around the house every evening that keep me in and out of the living room so watching TV just doesn't fit into my routine. I do watch for an hour or so in bed. I like watching the local news and the monolog of colbert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friend seems to really like to watch shows and series, but she's mentioned more than once her dh controls what's on in the evenings. I like to watch if I can find something, which isn't too often, really. Mostly I end up reading.

      Delete
  4. I guess I belong to the soulles club too. I enjoyed the movie and thought it was cute, but I did not cry either. I think the cast was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Ryan Reynolds is pretty much the same type of character no matter what movie he is in, but I still like watching his movies, LOL. It was cute to see the old and young versions of his character. The kid did a good job.

      Delete