Saturday, March 5, 2022

Annoyed

Well, this is an annoying way to start out my weekend. DH's new phone arrived UPS yesterday. After dinner I proceeded to go through the same steps I did to back up and copy the old phone to new and activate. Only his won't activate. Everything is on there (all 4367 photos!) but it won't make calls or texts. When you turn it on it says "waiting to activate, this may take awhile". Tried to call Verizon, on hold for 20 minutes and then I see online that the hours are to 6pm EST. Well, then why don't they have a recording that says that?!

This morning I try again with an online chat. I'm told it's showing activated for this new phone on their end. Then they say it needs a new sim card, do I have one? No, why would I have a sim card? So, they can either send me one, taking 3-5 days or I can go to a Verizon store and get one. I'm electing to drive the 50 miles to the store today. I don't know how to install a sim card, let alone whatever steps to go through again to activate it and if it still doesn't work then I still have to go into the store. I'd rather get to the store on a weekend, then have to take time off work during the week.

I don't understand why my new iphone11 transferred/activated fine and his same phone won't. Just stupid.

That's all I have for today - getting ready to head into the city.



13 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! Installing the sim is easy, but it is possible that if DH's phone is older than yours, the type of SIM is different. Also, who put the SIM in your phone? Good luck with it all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he upgraded from iphone7 to 11 (I went from 6 to 11). Sim card comes in new phone, but apparently something went wrong and it didn't activate

      Delete
  2. I feel for you! I just bought a phone from Best Buy and it took 9 days for me to be able to use it. First I had to get my account# from Boost (I will NEVER go with them again!) and we already had the PIN#. Went back to BB so they could activate it for me. She put everything in. Waited the 72 hours she told me it may take for the phone to be usable and nothing. Went back, manager discovered she had forgotten the pre-paid card. They installed it and it worked. Next day didn't work. Went back and tech called AT&T directly and found out that account# and PIN# didn't match. Wound up having to change my phone# as I didn't want to go through anymore hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a huge headache! This was the first hassle I think I've had with Verizon and iphones.

      Delete
  3. You've had a run of life annoyances. I hope the rest of your weekend and week ahead goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a LOT of photos.
    Putting in a sim card is easy IF you have the right tool. :×/
    Hopefully 1 trip will do it.
    Good luck;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the tool BUT I also use the stem of an earring haha.

      Delete
    2. The new phones came with a tool, and most likely I could easily change it, but actually getting it activated w/Verizon, I wasn't sure how hard that would be to do on my own.

      Delete
  5. They can install the SIM at the store I am sure and if they cannot, there are YouTube videos for all types of phones. With that said, I agree that it should have been easier for the consumer. Hopefully, you resolve the problem for good.

    ReplyDelete