Thursday, February 10, 2022

Vroom!

Finally, we own a new car, LOL. Ok, it's not in our possession yet, but the purchase/loan contract is signed. About 5:30 yesterday another email showed up and this time the link to do the e-sign worked. I was so glad to get that all off my plate. I really didn't want to continue to have to deal with it today, as I have payroll to do today, among other work projects. The paperwork so we can license the car at our local courthouse are being sent UPS, so should be here in 2-3 days.

This is the toy version dh got me for Christmas, LOL. It's been sitting under my monitor.

After we had dinner I came backup upstairs to my computer and added the vehicle online with our insurance. As of today, the plan is still to have dd/sil pick our car up on Saturday. I guess sil took yesterday off work to install their intercooler onto the front of the radiator (or something like that, LOL). It was about a 6 hour job and he needed extra muscle (friend and dd). Of course, now when ours gets done, they'll know what they are doing so it'll go faster. sil had to make a couple trips to parts store as I guess the installation instructions weren't updated for a 2022 model, so he had to make some adjustments, add rivets or something.

I'm hoping for a no hassle payroll today. So far, so good. I've already done all my prework and emailed by boss with my questions and only 2 questions today. We have an online calendar for PTO and I compare it to what's in our payroll system for taken days off and often it doesn't match. Well, I spoke too soon, thought I was just going to zip through this payroll. Who was I kidding! Back to having to email our payroll advisor person because it's not working right. Sigh....



12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new ride! What a cute and clever gift your dh gave you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it was a cute gift. I got him and SIL "Ford Explorer" baseball type hats, which they seemed to love. DD also got me a logo key chain

      Delete
  2. Love it, too big for me but it looks amazing. So glad that installation is finished on DD's car - means yours can sit safe in the garage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is going to seem big to me, for awhile, I'm sure. But back in the late 90's (gosh that seems so long ago) I did manage to drive around a big old Suburban everywhere, LOL.

      Delete
    2. LOL, I am in a Sentra! I know you'll be enjoying it in no time :)

      Delete
  3. Oh getting a new car with that new car smell is just lovely isn't it! I bet you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what dh is looking forward to - the smell, haha! I don't think I've ever had a car with leather seats, either....

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!
    Well deserved. You are going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm sure I will love it and hopefully it will last us many many years.

      Delete
  5. If I were you, I'd be tempted to pick up the car this weekend! We're having unseasonably warm weather in WA state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not so much the WA weather we are concerned about - it's the 3 mountain passes, which while looking pretty good now, are still messy and lots of deicer still left on the roads. But, yes, we are tempted!

      Delete