Saturday, August 15, 2020

Let's sit

I had been searching online for a side chair that I liked to put up in the upstairs loft sitting area, still completely empty of any furnishings. Something I like AND didn't break my budget. I think I found something I really will like. It was on Wayfair for $149 and very good reviews. I was about to order, but then saw it said 10-12 weeks. UGH! I don't mind a little wait, but geez. So, I googled the chair name and found it through Walmart.com for $142 and will be here in 10 days!

I have also picked out a loveseat I like, but waiting on getting that until I have the money for it, but figured I might as well get the chair now and at least get started on the room. The loveseat has 104 different fabric/color choices! Then I saw they they will send free fabric samples, so I just ordered 5 of them. Spending $600, I'd like to make sure it's something I like and it's sometimes kind of deceiving looking at colors via the computer. Like the photo above - well, the pictures that buyers shared in the reviews the wood looks quite a bit lighter (which is fine, but again, just a bit deceiving). I had done fabric samples when I picked out my bedroom roman shades and was glad I did that.

I'm also going to find a small coffee table to put in the middle. I'm thinking round. I haven't decided yet on a floor lamp next to this chair or a small table with a lamp.

DH has been busy measuring and drawing out his storage shelf for his shop. I think doing it with wood might be a bit cheaper than the metal racking, too. It's not going to come out from the wall as far as the loft he just built, I think he said 32 inches. Enough to fit the plastic bins he has stuff stored in

these bins (we have a LOT of them)


And the ceiling is tall enough I think he can stack 2 high. Then underneath he is going to build a long workbench, with storage underneath that, too.

Sounds like a busy Saturday ahead, best get to it.


9 comments:

  1. I love the chair, but not the 10 to 12 weeks! That's a long time. In June I finally got my hubby to replace the sun setter awning on our back patio. By time he got around to it, they said they had a backlog...just got confirmation this week. They will be here to install it the first week of October, so I'm sorry but I'd like my summer to last a tiny bit longer this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we ordered a roll up door for our garden shed. It's going to take like 6 weeks. Good thing we didn't wait any longer - or there will be snow blowing inside it LOL

      Delete
  2. It is a very smart chair and I like it. Easy to clean underside too. Nowadays, since I am doing the cleaning, I started hating all those very low bottom furniture at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found something you like. With the chair in the house and samples to choose from, you can more easily get a good look for the room. I have to sit on chairs and sofas to find one that my back likes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find even if it seems ok in the store, it's not always comfortable for long periods. Like my office chair. Seemed perfectly comfortable at Staples, but sitting all day, it's not much :(

      Delete
  4. I had a ridiculously long wait four years ago when we ordered a new sectional couch. It was originally supposed to be four weeks-the only change we had made was picked the pillow pattern, and we eliminated on of the armless sections as our family room is narrow. It didn't make it by the first promised date, the end of September so not in time for my daughters Confirmation party, whihc worked out ok as we could set up more card tables. October came and went, thanksgiving came and went, Christmas came and went until finally came th week after. I think it was 17 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have that much patience to wait for something, LOL.

      Delete
  5. Mr LORENZO DIEGO LOAN FIRM FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com},
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Peterson and I am from Convention Centre Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along with our discussion she told me about MR LORENZO DIEGO LOAN FIRM FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact MR LORENZO DIEGO LOAN FIRM FINANCE email:- {mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook..com}

    ReplyDelete