Thursday, March 8, 2018

Udpates and waits

Well, the proposal was a success! (of course LOL). She video called us right after and was very happy, teary and surprised. Happy times :)  BF (now Fiance...what are the initials for that?) sister goes to school in the area he proposed, so she was there to take pics. I've seen one so far. It's adorable.

I got a call from the lender yesterday that the appraiser told them he'd have it to them by this morning. This morning I get an email that it will be by the end of today now. Apparently he is having trouble finding comps for sale. Well no kidding! There is nothing comparable. If there was, we'd have bought it, rather than going through all this. This is not a very populated state and then try to narrow it down to the county/region? Acreage, on the river/view, with covenants, paved road to property (rare around here), with a nice house w/a few upgrades and a fully finished, inside and out, heated shop? Like I said, if we could find that for sale, we'd have bought it in a heartbeat. She seems to "think" this is a good sign that he's still working on it.....she thinks that might mean he's really working to come up with the number we need. I'm not even holding my breath we'll hear by end of day.

This afternoon lender emailed me: in anticipation of receiving the appraisal today I'd like to schedule your closing for 3/20. Well, at least she is optimistic - I'm still not.

Had a phone chat with my boss today. Just before that I was on a call for quite a few minutes, using the phone app, for work calls....my phone was getting totally hot.  Same thing when my boss called (through phone app). I googled the issue and it's most likely the app, but not sure if it's the app because my phone is so old. She is going to check and see if anyone else is having the issue (though most probably use a Bluetooth earbud, so aren't holding onto their phone, like I am). She also said she has a few old/extra iphone 6's, so she is going to see how to go about getting me one of  those or sending one to me, so I can transfer my phone to it, under my plan.

Found out our niece is expecting her first baby in the Fall. She hasn't told anyone yet, but very immediate family, but DH's mom has some dementia, so she spilled the beans to DH. She also said she was having twins, a boy and a girl, so we were thinking she might just be making it all up. LOL. Niece was just waiting to tell everyone after her 3 months is up. She is not having twins, that she knows of, haha!

Hopefully I'll have news one way or the other by the end of today. I'm so ready to get out of limbo mode.

15 comments:

  1. Well, you have got news all over the place--good, bad/wrong and iffy. It appears you will need to check up on what mil says, but you know that. I cannot wait to hear about the land/home deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no kidding! it's all over the place. Yes, we figured if niece was really pregnant SIL would be telling us when they are ready ;)

      Delete
  2. I find it's hard to get excited about a wedding proposal after a couple has lived together for several years. Not much changes after the wedding except for the legalities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, I don't agree. It's still exciting and happy news for us. The fact that they are going to commit to each other for the rest of their lives is very exciting to me. Maybe someday I'll be a grandma too :)

      Delete
    2. These days, right or wrong, couples do often live together. If anything, the circumstance of this proposal makes it more exciting--like they finally made a decision to make it permanent.

      Delete
  3. Future son in law = FSIL!

    and yeh, I mean it is a marriage and wedding and all so it is still pretty exciting. And it sounds like these two have their acts together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FSIL - that works! They sure do have their act together. It's great seeing them now take this next step in their lives.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to all! That's very exciting.
    Now if the appraiser can get his act together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the proposal and upcoming wedding.
    Yours is about the longest appraisal I have ever heard of. The bank/lending institution needs to light a fire under his/her foot because they make no money until the loan is closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about the appraisal. It's going to cost $1000 for it just because they think we are so far away. I assumed we were on the hook for it even if we don't get it appraised at what we need and can't/won't build

      Delete
  6. Your life is a lot of excitement right now. Congratualtions and I hope your imbo state has ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as of this morning, not yet. I have a feeling today will be no appraisal too

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! You'll have a lot going on over the next year-all good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! just hope the actual wedding date is next year haha ;)

      Delete