Saturday, March 4, 2017

Special order

A couple of weeks ago I ordered blinds for my office windows. This was my first time ever special ordering blinds! It was a bit scary. Did I get the size correct? Will I like the color?

There are two windows in my office room. The horizontal window up higher didn't have any window treatment on it. On sunny days the afternoon sun would come in and I couldn't see my computer screen while trying to work (I ended up putting a king sized pillow case over part of it!). The other window had some white vinyl blinds (same as in the guest bedroom). The rest of the house has nice Bali wood blinds. I decided to get the same wood blinds for the main window, but decided to try something different for the horizontal window. I'm so glad I did! I got some cellular shades in a lighter brown and just love how they look there! I'm really liking the combination of the two different textures, as well as the color/shade difference.

Unfortunately, since our house is so tiny, DH's computer has to share my office. He really needs a real desk, but is going to make do with this while we are here. It came with the house (as well as the L-shaped desk I am using) and works well enough, but he does need a new chair. Me too! Mine has really wore out in the past couple of months. The seat looks terrible.

The blinds were pretty reasonably priced, I guess, for being special order. I ordered through Home Depot online and they were 20% off. The wood blinds ended up being $96 and the shade was $62.

Our guest bedroom also has a new window treatment too. (because DH broke the white vinyl blinds). I decided on just putting up some floor length cream colored drapes. Purchased the drapes and curtain rod online at Walmart. I was a bit nervous because I wasn't able to see the actual color and texture of the drapes, but am happy with them. The drapes and rod cost about $30 total. I cannot for the life of me get a good picture of that room! It keeps turning out dark, so you'll just have to use your imagination :)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you used different window treatments for the high, horizontal window and the regular window, the matching brown color ties them together well. Using a natural, brown wood color also complements the furniture and gives the room a professional office look. I might just do this to my home office too!

    ReplyDelete