Saturday, February 18, 2017

Saturday morning

My lower back has been in pain the past 3 days and I have no idea what I did. I got up Thursday morning and sat down at my desk to pain. It's a little better today, but very annoying. For the past few weeks I have been doing a few stretching exercises each morning. Just a bit, every easy, very slow. Touch my toes (which is really just touch my shins), stretch my legs a bit, etc. I tried to stretch a little this morning and could only reach down just past my knees! Well, at least it's better today, rather than worse.

I finished the book for the book club last night. I'll give property neighbor a call in the next few days and confirm she is still hosting next Thursday and for what time to be there. I'll have to figure out some treat to bring.

I used to always purchase DH some lottery tickets, but have not since we moved here. Well, the other day he wanted a ticket for the PowerBall so we ran over to the little store at the gas station. I mentioned to the (very nice) guy that I wanted to buy for drawings in advance. He said he didn't think there was any way to do that - "you just have to come back tomorrow and buy another ticket for the next drawing LOL". I showed him the little box to check on the side of the ticket to do consecutive drawings, got my ticket and now don't have to go back for a few weeks, haha!

I turned in my self review to my boss a month ago. Still anxiously awaiting a review and hopefully a raise. Haven't heard when this might be. We'll just have to do a phone call about it. Usually I kind of have an idea of what it will be because I see the budget spreadsheet she does up for the year. I'm ready to input that now in our accounting software and asked her for it, but she's so behind she's not done with it yet. Oh well. I'm guessing it will be minimal like the past couple of years. We aren't off to a very good start these first 6 weeks of the year sales wise either. Hopefully it picks up quickly - we are supposed to get an extra 5% bonus this year.

DH and I went into the city yesterday afternoon to get some stuff at Lowes. Some lumber for making my blanket ladder I want (and he's going to make one for DD, too). We also picked up a bunch of stuff for DD's new house - garage storage type stuff. DH wanted to get them for her. I think we spent about $200 on her, but hey - we are finally in a position to do that, so it feels nice. She will be surprised. We will be going over to visit soon, just not for sure when yet. Kinda of waiting on better weather since we have to drive over 3 mountain passes to get there.

Then we stopped at the grocery store. I had a decent list but we still had enough stuff like soda and water. Mostly I wanted to stock up on some meats, get milk, bread, some snacks and a few other items. We ended up just basically stocking up on everything again (we went 2 weeks ago), so now we are really stocked up. And of course now I am over my monthly budget for groceries. That better mean that next paycheck's grocery spending better be very small! I thought we were going to have to get gas (it's been a month) but DH said he had 5 gallons in a gas can in the shop that he dumped in the car, so we are good for a little while longer. I might make it this whole month of Feb without spending any money on gas.

This weekend should keep him busy working on the blanket ladders. Yay! something for him to do. Once he's done I get to do the sanding and staining part, something new to me to learn. DH got me an electric sander for xmas, so I'll finally get to try it out! Normally I vacuum today, but I think I'm going to have to hold off until my back feels better :/

I ended up sleeping on the guest bed last night. He woke me up when he came to bed (like 1am) and then 3 minutes later he's snoring and I can't get back to sleep. Plus then the dog had to move out of his spot and went down at my feet and with my back bothering me I needed to stretch out my leg and it wasn't happening. Of course anytime I go sleep somewhere else the dog immediately gets up and follows me to wherever I am so he can sleep with me. Ten minutes later I had the other dog laying next to me, LOL. Well, at least they were both on the other side so I could stretch as needed and it was nice and quiet. Hopefully DH slept better too, with me not nudging him all night to stop snoring.

He broke the blinds on the guest bedroom window, so I was up with the sun - which fortunately around here is almost 7:30 am. I need some curtains or blinds. Totally forgot to stop and look for some yesterday. By the time we got done at Lowe's and then groceries we were both tired and I didn't think about stopping to look for some.  I wanted to pick some drapes out in person, but maybe I will just order some online and hope for the best.

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I hope that raise comes through for you soon. That should help your budget too. I can't imagine going an entire month without needing gas. Right now I average about 7-10 days. Depends on how much I'm out and about for my business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where we lived before and commuting to the office 2-3 days a week I was filling up about every week.

      Delete