Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Fun Facts about ME!

Just for fun, here are some random oddball things about me:

my hair is mostly white - inherited trait from my grandfather (thanks grandpa!). My cousins all have same thing! We all started going white in our 20's, though the males seemed to go white faster than us girls.

I have a half sister (but no other brother's or sisters) - my biological father remarried after my parents divorced. She is 2 1/2 years younger than me. We met a couple of times as children. Then did not reconnect again until several years ago - it was a bit of a search, but I finally tracked her down through Facebook, with not a lot of info to go on (I didn't know her married name). Turns out she had been looking for me, too!.

I didn't get my college (B.A) degree until I was 27 years old.

I love watching Super Hero/comic book movies

My favorite tv show is The Big Bang Theory (I like geek)

My favorite dessert is cheesecake


I hate ice skating

I never drank (or even tried) coffee until I was in my 40's.

I was married at age 20

I had my first child at age 27

I have fallen off a horse (bareback riding)


I have bottle fed a baby calf - not as easy as your would think, especially when they are as big as a small pony....and once the bottle is empty they want more and chase you back to the house, LOL.

Don't read this one if you are squeamish!! I have watched a still born, breach calf have to be cut out of momma cow. . Momma cow did survive though.  They didn't cut the momma, they inserted a sharp wire tool inside her and sawed off one of the legs that were trying to come out first and then the rest of the calf was able to be pulled out.  Pretty gross! (and at age 11 I decided I did not want to be a vet any longer LOL).  Ok, I warned you!

I had my belly button pierced (but no longer have a ring in it)

I hate talking on the phone

I hate cooked spinach. The smell literally makes me throw up......ask my first grade teacher. She didn't believe me when I told her the kid's hot lunch next to me was making me sick.

I don't like most fruits. They taste good, but I can't handle the textures of most of them, especially berries. I like them in juice and smoothies though.

I don't like vegetables either - they just taste bad. LOL.  My step dad hated them too - he used to joke to my mom "they give you cancer". I make myself eat some. Mostly potatoes and corn and I force down a few green beans every so often. I can do salads too.

My ring size on my wedding ring finger is 2 1/2. Yes, you read that right. I have very tiny skinny fingers (small bones all around).

My high school boyfriend married my high school best friend - over 30 years later :)

What are some oddball facts about you? :)

5 comments:

  1. I can touch my tongue to my nose(without cheating and pressing down on my nose).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even come close to doing that LOL!

      Delete
    2. Now you just know the rest of us are going to try that! lol

      Delete
  2. My favorite oldies show is I love Lucy...hence I blog under the name Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that show. I remember a few years ago watching some of the episodes with my daughter (her first time seeing the show). She loved it and it was all still so funny even 50+ years later.

      Delete