Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Cash back

I used to use Walmart Savings Catcher every shopping trip. Since moving I haven't used it at all, quite almost forgot about it really. I still do a big shopping trip there about once a month, so why I am not using it, I have no idea! We went on Sunday and spent $270 to stock up. I submitted my receipt and just got notified that I got $10.21 back. Not bad! Gotta start remembering to submit my receipts, for sure.

I used to also submit all my receipts to Receipt Hog and earn points (slowly) that I could cash in for gift cards. I haven't done that since moving either.  Time to up my savings game, for sure.

I'm also still earning a few dollars from Swagbucks, but nothing major. I tried to get the video's running on my ipad with the apps, but didn't really have any luck getting it to work. Just froze up my screen, so I didn't bother trying to figure it out. I just try to use it for searches and log in through there when I'm making online purchases, if available. I cashed in $25 a few weeks ago and almost have built up $10 again. I just don't have the patience anymore to do their surveys. I rarely get chosen anyway.

I also use my PayPal debit card for just about every purchase I can, even bills so that I can earn 1% cash back. I was getting back about $25 a month, but now I'm getting back about $18-20....because for some ANNOYING reason this debit card will not work at the Walmart here! I cannot figure out why but every time I try to use it I get declined....but I can use it for an online Walmart order.  Makes me so mad, because I spend a lot at Walmart for groceries and such each month and would like to earn the 1%.

What are some of your favorite ways to earn some extra gift cards or cash?


6 comments:

  1. I really like Walmart's Saving Catcher. So easy to use and it makes me feel like I'm not missing out on deals from other stores. I've never tried Receipt Hog. Do you have a referral link so I can check it out? I used to do Ibotta and Saving Star but for some reason fell off those wagons. Swagbucks still tends to be one of my bigger earners. Bing is another I use, although I'm not the most faithful with that either. I guess I tend to go in cycles with all these sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their website is www.receipthog.com. It's an app I downloaded (iphone). Just take pics of receipts and you earn "coins". If you make your goals you earn free spins to potentially earn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check that out. Just thought there might be a shareable referral link you'd benefit from!

      Delete
    2. apparently they don't have a referral program

      Delete
  3. I got back into Swagbucks and just let the videos run while I am working, I use Ibotta, Savings Catcher and Ebates, but I like that Swagbucks option pops up if I am on a shopping site otherwise I would forget to get the extra points, same with Ebates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is handy when the reminder pops up. I also have PriceBlink on my computer. When I am shopping for something it pops up and shows me if the item is cheaper on another site. It has saved me money a few times.

      Delete