Thursday, November 3, 2011

One of those expected unexpected emergencies

Our washing machine broke this morning. Dh (who does most all our laundry) called me at work and said he thought it was the pump gone bad and gave me the part# off of it.  There is an appliance parts store near my work so I looked the part up online and found it - emailed the picture of the part back to Dh to make sure it was what he needed.  I thought the website said it was $16.92.  When I get to the store to pick it up, it's $62. I don't know why I didn't say something. I just doubted myself that maybe I looked wrong because I was in a hurry.  I checked again online when I got home and sure enough it was $16.92.  So, not sure if they just have an error on their website or they charged me wrong, so I am going to call them back tomorrow just to double check.  I looked at other online parts stores and it ranged from $16 to $32.

Good news is dh fixed it and we are back to washing laundry :-)

2 comments:

  1. That quite the price difference! Hope you get it figured out & get some cash back in your pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad it's fixed, no washing machine is difficult, hopefully it was the cheaper price!

    ReplyDelete