Sunday, November 27, 2011

3 more days

until I get paid and I am happy to report I will have $128 left over.  While I've obviously spent way more than what I budgeted at the beginning of the month, at least for the first time in several months I have made it without being down to nothing left and stressing about it.  A small step in the right direction.  On Wednesday I will add up what I have been writing down in a spreadsheet all month to see where it all went.  Hopefully that will give me some insight on where all my money is going.  I think food and eating take out is a lot more than I think it is, especially since we don't do much else to spend money on.  My plan it to take this $128 left over and move it into savings to try and start building my emergency fund. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great way to start an emergency fund! A few bucks here & there and it will all add up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Starting an EF is definitely a great step in the right direction. I look forward to seeing you track your spending! It is always somewhat surprising what we can find once we actually start tracking... I know I was surprised, and I don't eat out (regularly) or like to shop!

    ReplyDelete