Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Leftover Wednesday

For dinner last night I made spaghetti. DH loves having chicken in it instead of meatballs/hamburger meat. So, I got some chicken breast out of the freezer in the morning and let it thaw. I had some fresh mushrooms in the fridge. I had recently read that buying them whole and not already presliced makes them last a couple weeks in the fridge. Normally, I buy a bag of frozen sliced mushrooms, but only Walmart apparently carries that and I haven't been grocery shopping there in awhile. So, last trip I bought a little container of fresh whole mushrooms. First used them on homemade pizza and left the rest in the fridge. I was able to cut up 3 more last night to add to the spaghetti sauce, plus I diced up some onions and sauteed to add, then cooked the cut up chicken pieces in that (with a little olive oil) and then added the sauce and mushrooms. It was good, I liked the extra mushrooms in it, and more than enough leftovers to have for dinner again tonight, which we will.

Just praying every day is nothing going on with mom, but I know there will be more to deal with before I can get her moved. I did update my uncle in an email that I have put a deposit down on a memory care place and will be moving her as soon as that is available, most likely in a few months or so. K did have mom get into her nightgown when she came to do the meds at 6:20 and that worked again. She went and slept in her bed around 7:30 or 8.

We are definitely getting a bonus at the end of next week for the 2nd half the year, I just don't know how much, but I'm sure at a minimum it is the same amount we got in July. Mine will either be going to pay down the snow plow vehicle even earlier....or I may decide to use it to finally get the carpet installed in the bonus room. I'm kind of leaning towards that. It's on my want to do list for this next year for sure. Once the carpet is in, dh can then start watching for a good deal of someone trying to get rid of their pool table for a good price. My mom has a pretty large tv (I think it's like 55 inches) that I don't plan on moving with her, so I'll just use that in our bonus room, for awhile (though I think we eventually want something bigger). She never watches tv anymore and if I do decide to put a tv in her new place, I will just get her a smaller one to use. She won't need a 55" tv in a room not much bigger than a bedroom. I'm hoping when I move her I can fly dd over here for a couple days to help with the transition/moving. I'd say about half her stuff is going to Goodwill. Most likely just taking her bed, nightstand, dresser and recliner. Maybe her desk or small round dining table, if there is room for one of those. Probably take one or both of her dining chairs, so when visiting her there, will have something to sit on. DD said she'd like to have her glass nesting end tables she has in her living room. I'll end up taking her loveseat, but only because it's too nice and antique to just give to goodwill. It doesn't go with anything in my house and dd doesn't want it, but if nothing else I'll try to sell it. I might like it better if I had it reupholstered....pink isn't my thing, LOL. It would look nice a cream color. I'll have to take a picture of it next time I visit.

4 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds good. Yum0
    Hopefully a room for your mom will open soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the next few months will go by quickly and she'll be moved before I know it. At least I now know it will happen at some point.

      Delete
  2. Your mother certainly is compliant! Lots of people with dementia are recalcitrant. Maybe when she has her nightgown on that signals her to get into bed instead of sleeping in her recliner. One nursing home I know of has a storage place for furniture people no longer need for whatever reason, and it is there for new clients. I would keep the loveseat and upholster it. Pink would not be at home in your house! A 55" tv is huge. Do you need one larger than that for your home?
    I can understand her not needing a tv since she unplugs it all the time. But, I wonder if there is not something to occupy her time that is a screen so she can at least do something.
    Chicken in spaghetti sounds wonderful. But, Tommy is dead set against it. Maybe I can change his mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very agreeable and compliant. Let's hope she stays that way! We have like a 52" (something likek that I can't remember now) tv in our living room above the fireplace. I like the size and for the bonus room we want to make that end wall for movie watching, so yes, a big tv or I might do one of those projection screens. I will probably try her a small tv when she moves. I don't much care for the chicken in the spaghetti (but I love chicken) so I just pick the pieces out, LOL

      Delete