Thursday, December 8, 2022

Carpets and movies

I had to leave a message for the carpet cleaning service to call me back and the lady did yesterday, so it is now scheduled for Friday morning. She said something about we were just at your mom's place for a different apartment on the same floor (3rd) but we weren't able to reach it with our hoses, so we'll have to see if we can get to hers. Ok...geez, I just thought they showed up with some cleaning solution in a carpet cleaning vacuum, LOL. I said her windows in her living room and bedroom face the back of the building, right above the sidewalk to the back entrance, so she thought that will probably work. I'm not sure what I do if they can't clean it? I gave the lady mom's credit card# and they will charge that once they do the job and she will email me the receipt. I did email the manager where my mom lives and let her know they are coming to clean it.

I've watched a few of those Hallmark type Christmas movies on Netflix. The last one definitely wasn't the wholesome Hallmark type. I think it was a Netflix original, called Holidate. And while the premise is if=s course the same as all of those movies, they had to have a bunch of F words and talk some explicit stuff. I was like "really? this cute romance needed this in it?" It was with a girl I remember being on one of those Nickelodeon kids shows I used to watch with dd when she was young. The movie sure didn't need the "extra" in it. I didn't think my streaming service has the Hallmark Channel (hence why I was trying to find Christmas movies on Netflix) but I found it does, so I'll stick to watching their cheesy Christmas movies, LOL.

Not much new going on, which is a good thing, I guess. I haven't heard any more about when my side job company will finalize the sale, but I'm sure it's still in the works, probably getting down to the final lawyer-y/accountant-y stuff with it all now. 

 

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Why add the language when it has nothing to do with the scene? But, on the flip side, sometimes the Hallmark are so sugar washed, it's hard to relate to the characters. I would think a carpet cleaning service wouldn't be limited by cords. Seems odd to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brief scan of the movie indicates I wouldn't enjoy it, but to Sam's point, I can't even watch the Hallmark holiday movies, because they are so cheesy. I would love if they had a bit more plot, or were just slightly more realistic. Throwing in curse words probably won't do the trick. ;-)

      Delete
    2. On a slightly different note, when I was in Sri Lanka I met an older Canadian couple and Hallmark had rented their home to use in a film. She said it was really weird to see the artificial snow in July and their yard all dug up - all of which Hallmark had to make right again of course. She had some fascinating photos though!

      Delete
  2. The assisted living may choose to just replace the carpet when she leaves. They probably use the same color in all the units and may have extra. If she put down a cleaning deposit when she moved in they might use that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose you could use a carpet cleaner yourself or hire someone to use a carpet cleaner. I have never heard of having to hose water into the building. What do I know?

    There is no need for that language in these films. What do they hope to gain? I do not want to watch those Hallmark movies and would turn off the movie if I had your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other day my buddy M from the US and I were watching a movie and we couldn't believe how many times the "f" word was used within a few minutes. And then, we wonder why young people today talk with so many curse words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I don't mind bad language if it fits, I really hate it just for the sake of it! And when you mentioned the "hose not being long enough" I had visions of the fire department coming out and blasting through your mom's window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's annoying that the carpet cleaners can't just pop into your mother's room and do the job relatively quickly but it probably is the case, like someone else has pointed out, that the home will replace the carpet with another piece from a very large stock; this sort of marking must happen a lot.

    ReplyDelete