Wednesday, December 21, 2022

It's a bit chilly

Ok, getting braced for the extreme cold. Our phones weather app says it's 0 this morning. Our outside temp weather system that displays in our house says its 15. DH had to do another round of plowing and shoveling after dinner last night and it pretty much snowed the whole time he was doing it. This morning he's out cleaning up what snowed after that, but we are not supposed to get any more snow for a couple days, just super cold. It's really windy out right now. Making me nervous we could lose power, aside from being cold, I'm more worried about not being able to work - as I have to do payroll tomorrow. I'm working on getting it all as ready to submit as I can right now. I've got my phone and tablet charging. We got the heat in the house turned back up a bit early this morning, just so at least it would get up to temperature (we usually do 69 or 70) and be a bit warmer for awhile, if we do lose power. Wind + heavy snow on trees does not make for a good combination with power lines.

Monday we got a nice gift basket, but no indication of who sent it. It was a really nice frozen basket of bacon, ham, pancake mix and maple syrup. It all looks so delicous! I figure it either has to be our Texas friends or our friend in Missouri. I messaged our Missouri friend first to ask if it was her. It was not, but in our chatting she told me she has met a guy she has started seeing last month. A friend of a friend. I am SO happy for her, with what she has gone through the past several years with her hubby of 30+ years cheating on her, leaving her and moving in with his 35 yr old girlfriend and never divorcing her. And then him dying last year. She's been through a lot. The gift was from Texas friends and will be enjoyed either Christmas eve morning or Christmas morning.

K made it back to work last evening and had another girl with her she was training. I'm kind of surprised she didn't have a face mask on, since she's been sick.....This morning C is back on duty, after being sick too, and she did have a face mask on. It was a good relief though last evening and this morning to not have to worry about making sure mom was taken care of meds and getting up and clean clothes on today (she wore the same thing the last 2 days with no one to help her out). Mom did ask me about Christmas the other day. I still think sometimes she thinks I live really far away. And most times she doesn't think dd lives far away, LOL.

I went ahead and submitted my side job payroll just now, so it's done and I don't have to worry about it. We are really just having to wait and see how it all is, if dd/sil should make the drive over here. Hopefully it will all work out ok.

I didn't realize until yesterday that doing my online grocery orders with Albertson's is earning me 2% cash back with Rakuten, plus I earn 2% on my credit card, so 4% total is a help with the high cost of groceries. I've earned some decent cash back with some of the Christmas gifts and am getting like $50 back on my next "big fat check" in February.

The cat has always liked to drink water out of the big dog water bowl we have in the laundry room, so we just keep using that for his water. But for some reason lately he keeps tipping it over and dumping the water out! So, this morning I just put the bowl up in the dog shower so if he tips it, it can go down the drain and not get water all over the floor and up to the cupboard and baseboards, from where it was sitting before. Dang cat.

7 comments:

  1. That kitty keeps you on your toes. I wish masks post illness for a few days would be one the norm. I've really appreciated the decrease in spread illness, though who knows now what will hit us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should also be getting just for you reward points at Albertsons. You can use them for free items, or money off of gas at Exxon. We use ours for gas usually because my dh’s truck has over a 20 gallon tank, so each reward saves us at least $2. My car has a small tank so it’s not worth it for mine. Currently I have like 20 rewards because I bought a bunch of gift cards. That’s like $40 off on gas, but I will probably have to use some in store for free stuff, but it’s a maximum of 10 ($1 off per gallon) per fill up, and my Dh won’t need gas twice before they expire.

    It’s already -20 here. I didn’t pay attention to what the wind chill is-what’s the point when it’s that cold actual temperature. I’m not going outside anyway lol.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the Just for you rewards and deals, too. I'm able to cash in 3 rewards for $4 off my next order. I also go through their deals and clip the coupons to attach to my items. It adds up to some good savings! Two trips back we had to wait an extra few minutes, it was no big deal at all. The next day I got an email from Albertsons saying sorry for the wait and a $10 off my next order coupon, that's was nice.

      Delete
  3. That’s nice of them. They need to be nice because the prices there are double Walmart or winco, unless stuff Is on sale lol. I have seriously never seen anyone at Safeway doing a pickup here-not one time.I only go there for sale stuff. A few weeks ago I happened to look at the price of a bottle of store brand vegetable oil. It was $7. The same size at Walmart was $3. I rarely spend enough there in a month to get any rewards unless they give me some for spending $40 or whatever, or if I buy gift cards.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to buy the gift cards there, to earn the points. I'm going to remember that for next time!

      Delete
  4. I am not giving up on masks! I wear one and like people to wear masks!
    Your husband might drive you crazy if he did not have to plow snow. Thankfully, he has interests and things to do!
    Don't they make bowls that won't tip? I wonder why he suddenly started tipping his bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a huge flat bottomed bowl we had for our dogs, I'm not even sure how the cat can get it tipped, but apparently can when there isn't much water left in it, LOL

      Delete