Friday, August 26, 2022

Still quiet

Still nothing new on the neighbor covenant letter. If I recall, when sending something certified, the sender gets the card back that they signed for it, so they know that his has been received. So, apparently Mrs. hasn't gotten that back yet, either.

Awhile back I ordered a floor lamp from Target. I had a $50 giftcard I put towards it (I think it was $60 total). Well, it was a really cheap/poor quality lamp for a guest bedroom and I decided not to keep it and returned it to the store last weekend. So, now I have a $50 Target gift card to use again. I found a much nicer (I hope, for the price!) lamp at LampsPlus that was $229. I still have that $200 Visa gift card to use and decided to use it on that. Well, trying to use gift cards when the purchase price is higher, for online purchases, usually doesn't work, so I googled the lamp and found it on Amazon for the same price. So, I used the gift card and purchased a $200 Amazon giftcard and then purchased the lamp through Amazon. It's supposed to be here next Thursday.


I got payroll done by 9am this morning, for a nice change of pace, haha. Especially nice for a Friday, too.

I'm down 7 pounds now, so almost to the 10 pounds (at least) I wanted to lose. I'm still trying to work towards these foods that are healthy and healthy for the brain. DD has just finished to book I read (twice now), as well, and she is implementing some of it to her diet, too. She found a vanilla flavored yogurt while shopping the other day, so I'm going to see if Walmart carries it when I put in my next order. It only has 2 g of sugar and she thought it tasted pretty good. If nothing else, maybe I can add a bit of monkfruit to it for some added sweetness.

Dh is out mowing and the clouds came in and it has started raining again. He'll probably have to come in and take a lunch break until it blows over and the sun comes out to dry stuff again.

8 comments:

  1. It is nice to hear you had no trouble with payroll. What is the name of the yogurt? Will the guy recognize the name on the registered letter? I am on tenterhooks waiting for what he does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Two Good yogurt. Since Mrs was the one who ended up sending it certified, I'm not sure how she listed who it's from. They have a PO Box in town, so I'm assuming they get the notification in their box that there is a certified letter to collect and sign for out at the counter.

      Delete
  2. That lamp is very similar to the one that my son bought last year when he bought his new place. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty! I may end up putting my floor lamp that I've had in my living room for years up in the guestroom and putting this nice new one in my living room! I see there is a table lamp to match....I may have to get too, LOL.

      Delete
  3. I like the lamp too. My daughter is still using the I guess 50¢ lamp from the church sale last year in her new living room. It was still in box from Walmart, essentially brand new, but yes, cheaply made. A replacement is on her wish list but she's now at needs not wants spending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me until I was 50 years old to get to the point I could do wants spending, LOL.

      Delete
  4. That is a really pretty lamp! It looks sturdy. If Mrs. would share with you the tracking number on the letter, you could check with the USPS website on a daily basis. We are anxious for the results of that letter, in case you couldn't tell. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lamp looks perfect for your house. I forgot to comment on that this morning.

    ReplyDelete