Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Let's try Tuesday

Finally going to get a bit cooler day today, but not before several forest fires started over the past several days due to the extreme heat. Apparently all have been deemed human caused. Way to go people. 

Another section of our property covenants addresses "offensive activity". It says the only "vibration, noise, dust, smoke and odor" allowed is reasonable use of maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers, chain saws, rototiller, etc. Riding quads and motorcycles is not using maintenance equipment to maintain your property.  

Mr and Mrs Neighbor can get away with having 3 dogs because the covenants say 2 dogs "per lot" and they own 2 lots now. But what about when they have their sons 2 dogs for 4-6 months every year and then have 5 dogs total. It is much quieter over there now with the dogs because Mrs is retired now and the dogs have company and someone to tell them to stop barking.

I had a reminder pop up on my calendar this morning to cancel the SiruisXM subscription I had gotten free for 6 months when we purchased our car. Well, dang - I tried to get online this morning to do this and I can't even get logged in. Well, sort of logged in. It shows I'm logged in but when I try to click on Manage account it takes me to a "verify" my account screen asking me to put in my Radio ID or account number. I've tried both. It then takes me to a screen to create 3 security questions. I already did this 6 months ago (I know because I wrote down the login I created and my answers), but I did it again. Then click on "Complete Registration" and nothing happens. Tried it 3 times. Frustrating. I guess I'll have to call to cancel. As much as I like it, I'm not paying $22 a month or whatever they charge. Even if they offer a lower amount I think I'll pass. We just don't drive our car enough to warrant spending the money on it. I'm going to try logging in with a different browser and if that doesn't work I'll have to call.

I need to give my mom a call today. I haven't talked to her the past 2 days. Every time I'd go to try she was either not in her apartment or I'd check on the camera and see her napping in her recliner and didn't want to wake her.  Of course on Sunday afternoon, as soon as I decided to take a nap, she tried to call me. Every time, LOL. But, it also appears she's doing fine and getting her meds each evening after dinner, with the help of the caregiver stopping by. Did I mention that the caregiver told me the first time she did my mom's laundry, when she brought it back to her apartment my mom was convinced none of that was her clothes or laundry basket! LOL. The caregiver said she just told her "ok, let me just leave these here while I go look for your clothes". When she got back mom had put her clothes away, LOL. 

Well, still can't get into My SXM account, so guess I'll have to find a phone number to call. But, first I need to take a walk down to the mailbox and mail something out for my side job.

11 comments:

  1. That was a handy bit of reverse psychology on the part of your mom's caregiver, don't you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the good part of having a caregiver who has lots of experience with dementia/alzheimers.Now, if she can just figure out a way to get her to take showers LOL. I have read these "tricks" on the dementia Facebook page I follow.

      Delete
  2. It is good you are getting ahead of the problem with a little research on the neighbor problem.

    Your caregiver is handling your mother's memory problem like it should be done. I wonder how long your mother thought those clothes were not hers once the door closed...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it doesn't sound like she was gone too long, maybe a half hour or so. I'm sure mom walked back in her bedroom not too long after and totally already forgot she just said they weren't hers.

      Delete
  3. I had to call to cancel my Sirius XM subscription in the spring. They wouldn't let you do it online. They tried really hard to get me to stay even though I told them we had parked the car and it wasn't being driven. I still have an account for my everyday car but they keep sending me emails to lure me back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up chatting online. Was going to cancel but they offered me a year for 1/3 of what they wanted to charge me to continue the subscription after my free trial is up. I took it.

      Delete
    2. Yes - they do seem to be able to offer great deals. I think my husband only pays a few dollars a month in his truck.

      Delete
  4. I like how the caregiver handled that clothes situation!
    As for cancelling subscriptions I heard on the radio recently how companies make it very easy to take one out then make it so hard to cancel online that you resort to phoning at which stage they keep you on hold with the most annoying music that you eventually give up cancelling. Sounds like you were able to cut through and get a good deal - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was pretty creative of the caregiver, especially as how she probably wasn't going to convince mom at that point anyway. I have found the very long holds and recent dealing with Pottery Barn customer service to be one of the most annoying I've dealt with recently.

      Delete
  5. My Washington Post subscription was due for renewal $100/year. I cancelled on online and was offered a $49/yr subscription, I said still too expensive. Was then offered $9.99/year. Bingo! Ny Times was $17/month, on their online chat, I said I had to cancel, couldn't afford it. Was offered $2/month subscription. I knew some people were getting it for $1/month. So on the "Chat" line, I said I could only afford $1/month. Bingo! Got it for $1/month. I like using the "Chat" line, so I don't have to talk to a real person on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job! I like using the online chat's too.

      Delete