Thursday, April 15, 2021

Is he or isn't he?

I give my mom a call last night to say hi. She says not much new going on at her place, still seeing her guy friend....I say Oh?! I thought you said a couple days ago he called it off? You can always tell when she can't remember something because she will pause and say oh..and then another short pause (while she's trying to remember) and then she said no, we're still seeing each other. So, who knows, LOL. And everytime she brings him up in our calls, she can never remember his name, haha. He's got his work cut out for him with her, LOL.

While I had my downtime from work yesterday morning I pulled out the actual credit card home depot sent me and logged in that website listed, rather than where I was supposedly logging in via my online ordering account, where I had linked the credit card. Logging in this way showed my charge recorded. So, I called customer service and inquired about the $50 off I was supposed to receive from opening the account when I placed the order. She put me on hold a couple minutes and came back and said they will put a statement credit on my account within 72 hours. I then decided to order a patio table umbrella, also from Home Depot, so that should be here next week. I logged in this morning and the $50 credit was posted. so now I'm at a zero balance as I had paid the patio table charge, less the $50.

So we found out why neighbors have their sons dogs again for a month - because they went on vacation. Boy, military life must pay well to be able to afford 2-3 houses (they use as air bnb or rent, I think), have your wife stay at home and not work and take month long vacations, LOL. Thankfully the neighbors have fully kept the dogs inside while they are gone, so there has been no barking issues this time, at all.

DH figured out what he needs for the gate opener. He's adding the solar panel and battery option, so that we don't have to get the electricians out, for now, and if this works well, we may not decide to have it hooked up to power. We just figured getting them out here could take months, I'm sure. The whole system is almost $2000, but most of that cost it what we'd need anyway, whether using solar or electric power. We have $2200 still left from the stimulus money, so that's what it's being used for. Hopefully, it's not something we have to wait too long for them to ship.

The vet had said it would be about 10 days before they'd call that the ashes are ready to be picked up, but still no call yet. Should be any day now, I'd expect.


2 comments:

  1. I wonder if he has memory problems. That would be an interesting relationship if he does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing maybe? I'm pretty sure he was the guy who a couple months ago used my mom's phone, while they were down in the common area, and I had this whole conversation where I think he thought he was calling someone he knew. LOL. Pretty sure that was same name.

      Delete