Friday, April 30, 2021

Friday fun

Friday is finally here. Even though I had Tuesday off, it's still felt like a long week. It got to like 73 degrees yesterday. No heat needed on in the house! Supposed to be 72 today. And it's payday. Always a good day, especially since I also get paid for my side job.

This spring dh wants to take care of the noxious weeds down our little street in the natural buffer area between our road and the main road. (though you'd think the county or state would take care of it since they have the easement for their main road?) Last year our end lot neighbors did some spraying. We have a county office (like a 1 one guy office LOL) that handles weeds and general info on that, so I went with dh yesterday to see about getting the weed killer, they sell it to the public. We have 2 kinds of weeds: Knapweed and Mullien. The mullien are awful and we learned stuff from the smart guy, haha. It's a 2 year weed and the 2nd year is when all the seeds are there. A stock can have a million seeds. So, it's sounding like our neighbor killed the first year growth, but now even though the plants are dead, they still have the stock with the millions of seeds! So, the guy explained do not mow them down - it will just spread all those seeds! Anyhow, we decided to have him come out and see whats what so he can best tell us what is needed. He's going to stop by at 11am today. I know our other neighbors have used his knowledge quite a bit over the years for planting things on their property. He seems like a nice guy. When he said he could come out and look, he said he had a meeting yesterday afternoon, but would call. He called yesterday afternoon to come out today, so that was nice to have such a quick response. That doesn't always happen around here, LOL.

And I'm still waiting on my laundry room cabinet! Last email I got from her was in March that said it was scheduled to ship to her on 4/19 and she would call me the following Monday to set up in install date. That was two weeks ago now. I emailed her yesterday for an update and no response yet. And dh has yet to hear from the HVAC guy on when he'll install our air exchanger system and that's been at least 2 months since he contacted him. 

The past couple of days I keep hearing this bird call I don't remember hearing before. Like 3 notes. Hard to look up in my bird book, since I can't see the bird, LOL. As near as I can tell from googling 3 note bird calls, it sounds like it's probably a White Throated Sparrow. It's definitely not a Mountain Chickadee 3 note call, though we have numerous of those birds, so I would be hearing more than one, if it were.

I've been reading a good book the past couple of days. Another one of those kind of sci-fi mind benders with some time travel and NCIS investigating. It's called The Gone World. A little bit of gore from the murders, though nothing much worse than say the Kay Scarpetta series books by Patricia Cornwell.

4 comments:

  1. I used to really like Patricia Cornwell's books but then I found that she was getting just too far-fetched for my taste (did you read the one about the "hairy guy" chasing her all over Paris, or the boyfriend coming back from the dead?). I did like most of the Scarpetta books but haven't gone back to them in agesè

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, her last couple weren't quite as good. Then she wrote a newer book a year or two ago with a different character that was literally awful! I'm like is this even the same author??

      Delete
  2. I call upon our county agent quite often. He is better than the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, he is a wealth of information! We both enjoyed learning stuff from him today.

      Delete