Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday's follies

I listed 5 things on our local Facebook page yesterday afternoon. Supposedly, I have the big carpet remnant we used in the shop, being picked up later this morning. Last night we sold the mini fridge ($20) to a young couple. She built a "she-shed" and wanted it for that. She saw the carpet and wanted it (she didn't see it in the ad?) but I told her I had already told another guy, who lives nearby, he could have it. He just messaged me that he's on his way to pick it up, so I'm glad I didn't sell it on him.  I've had a few messages to ask if the sofa is still available. Then they don't reply back. One girl did reply that she wants it, but is trying to find someone with a truck to pick it up for her. No interest in either of the microwaves.

DH managed to score some "free" topsoil. Free, in that the material is free, but we do have to pay for the delivery of it. Better than having to pay for both. They will be hauling in about 10 dump truck loads and started bright and early this morning, so I have been awake since 5:45, when DH wanted to get up and ready for them to be here about 6:15. They are hauling it from just a couple miles away, so not much distance involved to get it here.

I've been having so many phone meetings/trainings I'm having trouble remembering when they are. My boss forgot one, and I had to track her down by text and email. Then I forgot the next one and she had to message me. I have them on my outlook calendar as a reminder, but I think what happened on the one I missed is that right as the reminder was popping up, I was clicking on something else at the same time and it covered that pop up and I didn't see it. I have a meeting this morning in a couple hours and I have remembered, LOL.  We are trying to get everyone to go online and sign up for their benefits. Today is the deadline. There's still almost half the employees who need to get this done. People are annoying, just get it done. It's not that hard or time consuming. We have 3 health plans to choose from. Pick one (all are employer paid, so might as well pick the best one). The vision, dental, life insurance, etc are just one plan. Opt in. Done.

This is my half day of work Friday. I also need to go grocery shopping, but I think I'll just go into the city tomorrow morning. I much prefer shopping in the morning, vs a Friday afternoon. I think I'll use this afternoon to do some house cleaning. The floors need to be mopped and vacuumed.

I put a hummingbird feeder out on the back patio and it's been quite busy. I've been having to fill it up quite often. Apparently, it needed to be filled up already again yesterday. We were sitting in the living room and a hummingbird came right up to one of the big windows and was hovering there, like it was trying to look in. A little while later it did it again. I'm like "Ok ok! I'll get some new food made up!" I boiled the water and added the sugar, but it needed to cool down. I put in in the fridge, so it would cool quicker. Then the couple came to pick up the fridge and we were chatting with them awhile. Went back inside and were watching tv and the hummingbird did it again. "Hey Lady! Where's our food?!!". I jumped up and got the fresh food and got them taken care of.


4 comments:

  1. Nice to unload some items you no longer need. Excellent deal on the topsoil, that'll save you some $.
    Consider putting out a second feeder. Hummingbirds are territorial. I have feeder in both the front and back of our house. If one gets empty, I'll see more activity at the other...along with some fighting! These birds do not like to share! It is funny, too, how they let you know you need to tend to their feeders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I want to get another feeder to put out there. I have seen 3 feeding at it at one time, which was neat, but a 4th showed up and they got mad. The first time that bird came to the window I was like oh, neat. The 3rd time I was like omg! he's trying to tell me to get food. haha.

      Delete
  2. My friend had the humming bird feeder outside the dining room window. They did come to the window when it needed filling. It is nice to get a little money from things.
    and, free dirt is great. I hope it is not polluted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's clean dirt. Some property nearby is being cleared for a building and they wanted the dirt out of there. Was good timing for us

    ReplyDelete