Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Parking

We've finally come up with our "novelty" item to put down near the bottom of our river bank. Our property neighbors gave us the idea.  Several years ago the town grocery store was getting rid of it's pay phone, so they took it and put it down near the bottom of the river bank.  River floaters will be floating along, looking at river bank and out of the blue here is this random telephone booth! LOL. We've been trying to come up with a similar idea, to compliment their phone booth. We thought of an old soda machine or gas pump.

DH is always looking through what's for sale in the area. He recently saw some old historic city parking meters for sale. We decided that would be a great item to use, so DH is on his way into the city right now to buy one.  If I was floating down the river and suddenly came across a parking meter and then a phone booth stuck in the  middle of nowhere, I'd totally be cracking up. Something a bit fun and whimsical.

Plus, I got DH out of the house for 2-3 hours :)  


12 comments:

  1. I am all for anything to get a DH outta the house! I just spent 3 hours at Rite-Aid and Weis getting away from the Hubs here! Don't tell Hubs I could have finish in 45 mins.....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my problem is every since we moved here if I want to make a trip to the city for shopping he wants to go with me! It's getting annoying LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of the parking meter! It is sheer fun and getting your DH out of the house for an extended period of time is an even greater thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking meter is awesome. It's one of those double meter ones. Old style.

      Delete
  3. How fun...both the meter and getting the Hubs out of the house! If they only knew. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You killed two birds with one stone. I love the idea. Hope no one steals it or sinks it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully it will never get stolen. DH is going to put a pole pretty deep in the ground and then slide this pole over the top of it and bolt it to that pole. Plus, the only people that could steal it would be people floating down the river on a float device, so I doubt they'd try to take it. It's pretty heavy.

      Delete
  5. The parking meter is such a cool idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and it's a piece of local history, too.

      Delete
  6. Great idea & totally random!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our neighbors will get a kick out of it too :)

      Delete