Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Our town newspaper (weekly) ran "How to Cook a Turkey" by the local 3rd graders.  Here are a few of my favorites :)

First skin the turkey. (Cut the head off). Beware of blood spilling on new floors. Make a hole inside turkey. Stuff with carrots, onions, and celery. Cook for six hours.

Hey Dad I see a turkey can I shoot it? Yes you can, bang so we took it home so we can pluck it and gut it and after that we will put it in the ovin for 6 hours. There is your turkey.

Put the turkey in the pressore cooker. Cook it for 60 minutes. Then take it out and dump it in the oil machine for two seconds. The put salt on it than put in in the pressore cooker for 20 minutes and then then it out of the pressor cooker. Then there is your turkey ready to eat.

Who knew we've been doing all wrong all this time LOL

Happy Thanksgiving
 

5 comments:

  1. Funny! I have been doing it wrong forever also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thanks for the laugh. I'm another who has been cooking turkeys all wrong. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really sweet, but I bet there are a few little 'uns who will actually go on to be able to cook if they already know that much. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! They are so cute. I am glad I get my turkey with the head already cut off. Otherwise my new kitchen floor would suffer terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I wish someone had told me all this years ago. I will follow these instructions next time. Thanks

    ReplyDelete