Monday, May 6, 2013

Oops! I did it again

I fell off the wagon on Saturday and ended up getting fast food to bring home. DD had her tennis tournament all day Saturday and we didn't get home until after 6:30. It was a hot day, we were out in it all day and just plain tired out. No one wanted to wait another 30-45 minutes while I made something for dinner, so I went to McD's and got the guys something. DD took her shower while I was going doing that and then I made her and I an omelet to split - so I guess it was a 50% fall off the wagon!

I guess all I can do is try to stick to my menu plan for the rest of the week. There's nothing going on, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just didn't plan ahead for Saturday very well. Knowing we'd be gone all day (I just didn't think it would be that late), I should have made something ahead of time.

So far though, I'm still under my budgeted food amount for this pay period, with only 8 more days to go until next payday. My goal is to come in under the $500 budgeted (that's for 15 days) - that is for food, take out meals, household and beauty supplies and pet food.

2 comments:

  1. That's not too bad. I found a lot of those days these past few months, especially when I was just tired and hungry, and buying fast food was cheaper than groceries at my parents'. With 8 more days to go, you can definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, ya just gotta. We've had some late nights lately with track meets & really, who's going to cook at 8:00 at night? My younger son goes to bed at 8:30!

    ReplyDelete