Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Travel time

I booked my flight to go see my mom. Ugh. Wish I would have realized that one day I was seeing those cheap flights that it was a one day only sale. Now I gotta pay $419 RT. Oh well, I figured it out so I don't need to rent a car or get a motel.

I'm flying in Thursday 10/31 afternoon arrive at 4:30pm. DD can pick me up at the airport after work (she gets off at 2:30 and it's probably at least a 90 minute drive for her to airport) and we can go back to her house. She's going to take Friday off, so Friday morning we will go down to my mom's. She can spend the day with us, too. Then she will drive back to her in-laws (halfway between my mom and her house) where they planned to spend the weekend anyway, as it will be her MIL's birthday. Sunday she'll come back down to my mom's and pick me up and take me back to the airport.

And I'm flying over again mid December. For a work year end meeting/lunch. That one my company is paying for, but I'll get to combine it with a weekend visit with DD and my mom, again. I had emailed my boss the requested dates off for this first trip. She says send me the flight info and she'll book it for me on the company! I said NO, the company is not paying for this (and I already had just booked it)!! I'm not even going to get a minute to stop in and see her, so she's not paying for it, but I'd like to come over for the company meeting/lunch on Dec 13, if they want to pay for that. So, done deal on that, too.  She will pick me up at the airport (like 10 minutes from the office) at 7am. The meeting is at 1pm to 4pm and then DD can pick me up there (not convenient for her to drive, but oh well, LOL).

The yard guys are here today, getting started on the sprinkler system and sod. Yard looks like a big mess again! He says it will take 2 days. He's got quite a big crew. There must be at least 6 guys working here. A bit noisy with the little machine that digs the little ditches for the sprinkler system.

High 60's today, 70 degrees tomorrow - and snow on Saturday. HA!







6 comments:

  1. I like your boss. She certainly values you. I am glad you will get to see your mom at her new place and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an amazing boss, I couldn't ask for a better one.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got this trip planned just right! I'm glad that you get to spend time with both your daughter and your mom, some one-on-one time with each as well as together. That's great that you can combine your December work trip with another visit with your mom and daughter, again.

    Your garden is going to look great once all the work is done and the grass has taken hold. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took a few texts back and forth with dd to figure out the schedule. My original thought was fly in Friday and leave Monday, but then I would have needed to rent a car. So, flying in Thurs afternoon and leaving Sunday works better.

      Delete
  3. I agree, you seem to have a great boss. Now THAT'S the way to treat (and keep) your employees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely agree :) We don't have much turnover at our company

      Delete