Monday, June 29, 2015

Bring on the (short) week

Saturday was really such a quiet day. DH spent all of it in bed (when he wasn't in the bathroom!) and since really there was nothing I could do for him I just pretty much had the day to myself. With it being so hot out I had all the blinds shut to try to keep as cool inside as possible. I pretty much sat and watched Game of Thrones most of the day.  I missed out knowing there was a free HBO weekend with our cable service last weekend, so I decided to download the free month trial of HBO Now to my ipad mini, so I could watch Season 5. I finished yesterday (poor Jon Snow!) and now will have to find something else to try watching, while I still have almost a month to enjoy it. I won't be spending $15 a month to keep the subscription. If I really wanted HBO, I think I could add it to my cable for $10 a month.

DD went and did the grocery shopping for me that morning, since I felt one of us should be at home in case DH needed anything. Then she was off with her boyfriend the rest of the weekend. I knew they were having a busy day/night Saturday and wouldn't be getting back to his house until around 2 am......and then they had planned to do a 25 mile bike ride Sunday morning. I was a bit worried about her. Just getting over the flu, then a late night, not much sleep and an early morning bike run and it's like 90 degrees out. Apparently they did sleep in and got a later start, but I was still worried about her as she has never rode a bike 25 miles. They had already signed up and paid for the bike run, so they wanted to do it. But she just texted me that they decided to only do the 12 mile ride and were done and alive:)

The heat wave/drought we are having is sure hard on all my flowers. But, my lilac bushes appear to be loving it
 It sure has grown in the 2 years since I planted it! Here is a picture from before:

Oh, I miss the green grass! I am having to water everything in the morning and evening now. I put my phone in my pocket so see how much I walk around the property during all the watering and tending - three quarters of a mile!

DD and I got out of the house last evening. We went over to Kohl's for some shopping. I had coupons for $15 off $30 purchase, plus earn $10 Kohl's cash if spend $50 (after coupons).  For $67 I got a blouse, a knit top, a t-shirt and a white tank top. After the $15 in coupons it was just over $50, so I also got $10 Kohl's cash for a future purchase.  I told DD I would treat her (from my bonus) to whatever she wanted for around the same amount of money. She got a cute maxi skirt, 2 bras, and some drinking glasses for her apartment next Fall. She thought she was over $65 (before coupons) but prices are always marked wrong on the displays (at least at our Kohl's) so one of the items was $5 less than she thought it would be, so she didn't qualify for the $10 Kohl's cash. I told her to go back in the next day or so and buy something else for $6 or so and take both receipts to customer service, so she could get the $10 - at least I read somewhere that you could do that, as long as it was still in the promotional period.

Then we stopped at Ross, as I was hoping to find jeans. Their selection ladies sized jeans was pathetic. Like 2 pair of size 8. There wasn't anything in junior sizes that I liked or wanted. Then we decided to go get some pie about 5 miles down the road and stop at the other Ross store on our way back. I had better luck there. Found a really soft pair of Calvin Klein jeans for $25. They are so comfortable. DD saw a really cute hamper she liked and it was only $12.99, so I bought that for her too. She bought the pie :)

My boss offered me to work from home today, but I declined! I was so cooped up most of the weekend that I am ready to get out of the house. Besides, I'm listening to a really good audio book and want to get back it it - haha! I'm listening to Inferno by Dan Brown. I have always enjoyed those Robert Langdon stories and movies and I guess this one will be a movie next year.

Enjoy the day!



6 comments:

  1. I need to watch The Game of Thrones, haven't seen any of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had gotten through about 1 1/2 of the books years ago. They were just too long and I could never finish them in the 3 weeks library lending period, so I gave up (and I was way too broke back then to buy them). When the series came out I have watched all the seasons, either through free HBO weekends or borrowed from library. I'm usually way behind, LOL.

      I've really enjoyed the stories, but it's a very graphic show, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Wow, our lilacs came and went in April, funny how growing seasons differ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are a weird variety of lilac. The flowers are very tiny and don't smell as strong (I didn't realize I was getting this kind). They are Marie Bleu California Lilacs and just bloomed a few weeks ago and will stay bloomed quite a while.

      Delete
  3. How did you get that clip art of me? Down to the electric rollers.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that comment was meant for Gil's picture? LOL

      Delete