Friday, May 27, 2022

Ready or not

Well, crap. I go to check back in on the live cameras with my mom before I go to bed last night and the camera (the new one) that I put on the shelf under her tv is now facing the wall, LOL. I guess she must have noticed it (not that she has any clue what it actually is) and picked it up and set it back down, backwards. Now it's a nice view of the wall and plug in, haha. Dang it. That camera was so helpful in actually seeing her stand at the sink and take her pills. I won't have time to go this weekend and don't plan to go back until her medication (refills and new one) arrive at my house, and then I will take them in to get filled up in her med dispenser and get her started on the new medication. Which...if there might be side effects I think (as long as the meds get here next week) I will have her start taking it on Friday, then if she has any problems, I have the weekend to get in to see her. On another good note, she did manage to dispense and take her pills all on her own again last evening.

I got a lot done yesterday in prep for guests. I even made a list so that I would be able to see how much I still had left to do and make a rational judgement on if I can finish what's left this morning or not. Rather than just think in my head there's this left to do and that left to do and thinking "I'm good!" and then forgetting I still had more to do. I even made the peanut butter cookies last night at 7:30. I was done by 8. I stopped work at 4pm (since I started early) and then vacuumed the downstairs before I made dinner.

This morning the dishwasher (about half full) has been turned on the 1 hour wash cycle, just so I can get them cleaned and put away and start with a fresh slate. As soon as I finished with my coffee and typing up this little blog post, I'm going to get a load of my laundry going and get in the shower. Then all I need to do is mop downstairs. And I need to run into the store for fresh fruit and bagels.

It was such a nice warm day yesterday. Got up to 80. Then came the clouds last night and a really good thunderstorm around midnight or so and rain. Dh is going to throw a fit that the freshly washed car is going to get all dirty in the rain yet again, LOL. 

So, after I get my morning chores done I guess I'm as ready as I can be for guests. Hopefully we can also figure out some stuff to go do/see a bit. If not, dh and his buddy will never have anything to stop talking about, so it's also easy to just sit and visit for hours.

5 comments:

  1. What are you going to tell her that the camera is? Something to monitor the air quality? Can you get it high enough she cannot reach it? I always had to make a list for something like company and meals. Otherwise, it is all over and I forgot something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if she ask I'm just going to say it's a device that communicates with her medicine dispenser ;) There is nothing on that side of the room where I can put it up high that she can't get to it. I have some some pretty strong double sided sticky tape and I think I'll tape it up underneath her tv shelf, rather than sitting on the shelf below that.

      Delete
  2. Whenever mom washed the windows, it rained. My grandpa used to ask her to wash the windows if there were too mny dry days for his veggie garden. Lol! Tell your husband he is a rainmaker just like my mom was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are going to be busy working but I hope you will have time to enjoy your company. You will need a vacation when they are gone. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to get antsy when I have visitors too but I found when I had 10 people to stay for the week when my son got married that having a detailed list of everything we'd eat and where we could visit really took the sting out of it. Gotta do the same for my son's 30th birthday party next Saturday - where we look like we'll be about 30! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete