Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Ok, first off - guess who's back? Neighbor's son's 2 dogs. Yay...............

I've been in real need of some new pajamas! Yikes. Mine are completely old, stretched out and falling apart. I typically just wear a pull over pj top style that comes down over my butt. The two I wear are so stretched out around my shoulders now. They also now have little holes and tears from when cat was a kitten and wasn't keeping his sharp little claws in. And then there's my flannel pj pants. I don't wear them sleeping, I get too warm, but I do put them on when I get up. They have been washed and worn so many years the waist band is now falling apart. How hard should it be to find some flannel pj pants? Every kind I find are so ugly LOL. 

One of the tops I have is from JCP brand so I went on their website to see if I could find something similar, same brand. One top seemed kind of similar and then I also ordered a longer night shirt type. And a new pair of jeans because I just need some in the next size up. Time to face reality, LOL. I'm not a size 6 anymore. So I ordered an 8. The order arrives yesterday. The pajama tops are so thin and the jeans are so tight, like almost as bad or tighter than all my size 6's (in various brands). That was disappointing.

I think it was last spring/summer I ordered a pair of jeans from Kohls that were really comfy, so then I ordered 2 more in different colors. They are all size 6 and not too bad right now, but a bit tight. So I just got online with Kohls to bite the bullet and order 2 more in size 8. Dang it. The 3 size 6 I have are practically like new. Oh well. At least I know these will fit right and I'll like and wear them. Plus they were on sale and a 20% off coupon on top of that and free shipping.

Most days I alternate between these 2 really old pairs of jeans I've had for years. The pair that is falling apart the most is the most comfy, of course LOL. But they are so old and have a couple of wood stains from all our staining projects. I don't wear them in public........unless you count Sunday when I put them on in the morning because I thought I might be outside working in the yard a bit (I wasn't) and then when it was time to go to mom's I forgot to put on nice jeans, LOL. Oh well, at least I had a long sweater on that covered most of the rips and tears, haha. Plus there was the sneaking in through the back entrance door. Pretty sure nobody saw me.



6 comments:

  1. It seems all tshirts are so thin now. Of course, there are the old style squarish tshirts that are so heavy, too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on t-shirts. Dh is noticing the thinner shirts now too. I guess it's time to do some research to find quality clothing and just pay the extra. At least they will last much longer, I'm sure, for the extra money.

      Delete
  2. I really like JCP & KOHL'S. But the quality is just lower. Clothes, sheets & towels. The materials (china) are poor quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's changed. Just not the same quality at all. I have been getting sheets and towels elsewhere the past couple of years, but not sure where to buy reasonably priced but quality clothes now.

      Delete
  3. All these years I kept old clothes for "one day when I'm doing some painting" and basically never did any painting. Now I live in that stuff and actually wear it out so I hope the "tramp" look comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I end up wearing clothes I didn't intend to paint or stain in and then they become the paint clothes!

      Delete