Monday, May 16, 2022

Nice Sunday

DH was chatting outside with the neighbors yesterday and they definitely heard the gun shots between 9:30 and 10. Mr was already asleep and it woke him up. He told dh the more he thought about it the next morning the more he decided to call the sheriff to report it. Dh told him he had called and the "non" response he got. Mr. said he's calling anyway and apparently he did, he texted dh later to tell him. I said good, because one person in the area reporting it looks to the sheriff like obviously it's not big deal, no one else is complaining. Two people make a difference. Also dh and I are "nobody's" in this county. Mr and Mrs are "somebodies" LOL. And hopefully we weren't the only ones who called. I can only imagine living right on that road and having to listen to that right next to it. We're a half a mile away and it sounded like machine gun fire, loud. 

Sunday was really nice weather and we got the flowers planted in all the pots and also the ones in the ground. I had to replace a few that didn't make it, that are around the front and side of the house. I replaced with daylilies, as those are the ones that made it good through winter and came right back. DH wanted some kind of taller leafy flowers out between the front fence and the "rock creek" so I decided on daylilies for there, too. Down farther and near the little bridge we have some Iris's planted, but 1) they don't bloom their pretty flowers for long and 2) each bulb is like $10!. We were lucky and got all the ones we did from when Mrs. Neighbor thinned hers out. I told dh in a couple years we'll be able to thin some of ours out and plant more in other spots, but for now I'm not spending $10 for one bulb. Daylilies bloom for a long time and the tall green leaves look good too. These will get bigger over time. Our other ones near the house have at least doubled in size in the last year or two.

I need to get 4 more to plant along the fence where I was standing, taking this picture. I have about 2 6packs of petunias left. I need to get a hanging pot for the chicken coop and was going to buy one pre-made but since I have the extra flowers I'll just buy a hanging pot. My back and legs were toast after all the bending over and walking around. Kitty was outside with us the whole time enjoying himself.

It was also good to "unplug" for the day with the mom cameras LOL. Dinner was the leftover pizza, so super easy. That's 2 nights last week we had leftovers. That can really add up in the grocery budget savings. I think tonight I will make my cheese/bacon hashbrown casserole. Dh really likes that for leftovers so that will give us at least one night this coming week to save.

Saturday evening I started watching a new show on Netflix based on the "Lincoln Lawyer" books (and movie) by Michael Connelly. I've read them all and am so far enjoying the series. Similar to my enjoyment of the Bosch series, based on same author's books. I watched another episode or two last night.

I had made sure to water all the flowers really well and then it poured rain last night, LOL. When dh came to bed he said I won't need to water for 3 days after that rain we just got. Of course we had just put out the patio table and chairs (with cushions) yesterday, but dh got the chairs moved over underneath the back patio covered area before it started.

When you have a craving for a Peanut Buster Parfait and the nearest DQ is 45 miles away? Well you make your own! I have to say it was pretty dang close. I would try a different/better ice cream next time, but the peanuts and the hot fudge were spot on.

OMG! So it's our company president's 20th anniversary with the company so my boss and another manager "decorated" his office. Red Solo cups EVERYWHERE and I do mean everywhere. Every inch of floor space is covered with them, haha.

11 comments:

  1. Kitty is loving life I see :) It is a shame the shooting keeps occuring. I wonder what the president gets for 20 years?! Haven't you been with them a very long time too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he gets something for 20 years, haha. I'll have been with them 17 years in a few months. At my 15 year anniversary I did start getting another weeks vacation, at least (that I never take, LOL)

      Delete
    2. There is no reason not to take that vacation! Life’s too short. When is the last time you’ve been to your daughters? she’d love that even if she had to work during the day, have fun after work. You could even make the drive there and back an adventure. Fun girls trip. Hubby can take care of the house/pets etc.

      Delete
    3. yes, we have a couple vacations planned. We are going on a trip to Utah at the end of June and I have that week off. Also dd and I are going to plan a trip to Canada together to see my half sis and her daughters later summer. Now that we have a car I won't mind driving 500 miles away in, a trip to see dd will definitely be in the plans.

      Delete
    4. I meant to add I'm also taking 3 more days off this month, so am trying to use some vacation days more now :)

      Delete
    5. Those sound great, yes use that vacation, you’ve earned it!

      Delete
  2. Apparently, they are frittering away your raise!
    Can the neighbor find out if others have complained? Is anyone complaining online to each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If one of the sheriff deputies calls him back (like they did dh) he will probably be able to find out if anyone else complains. The only other one we've heard about complaining is a guy across the river, heard it through the grapevine (UPS guy LOL) but don't know if he called authorities about it. Most likely not. Most people won't call, even if they want to

      Delete
  3. My BFF and I watched the entire Bosch series and loved it. There is a spin-off now but, we have not started that yet. We are watching Goliath these days and I love that show as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has the Bosch spinoff started yet?! I've been waiting for it! I watched quite a bit of Goliath and enjoyed it and then stopped for some reason. I should finish that one. It was good.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your plants. We went to the nursery today but walked away. I'm going to try Lowes later this week.
    That kitty kat is just posing for you. He is so pretty. :)
    Hopefully this week your boss will have some good news for you. Don't give up.
    I know having the cameras on your mom can bring mixed feelings but they should give you some comfort also. I hope.

    ReplyDelete