Monday, January 25, 2021

Sunday accomplishments

DH got his new shop cabinets all filled up and organized. He was able to empty 2 full bins, move some things from his below shelving to the cabinets and also clear off most everything from the top of one tool chest. He put a strip of wood on the wall underneath a cabinet and attached all is power tool batteries there to charge and be easily accessible.

While he did that I made a chocolate cake. I finished a book I was reading. I did help him off an on. I stained the little board to attach the batteries. Ooohed and awwed over his filled cabinets, LOL. I also go the chicken coop cleaned out and fresh bedding put in. I really don't mind that chore. It doesn't take me very long and it always feels satisfying to have fresh bedding in there.

I was texting with my half sister. She wanted to know the kind of dried mealworms I give my chickens. She mentioned her oldest (she has 2 older half sisters from her mom) sister (who is about 59 years old) has been driving her crazy. This woman is bi-polar, so she is all over the place. Right now she has been having some online relationship with a man who is an architect, who supposedly lives in her area, but is working in the Mediterranean......ya........right.......It kind of sounds like she sent him money ("he said he loves me!) but I guess she is figuring out he's not who he says (ya think?). Anyhow, my sis says she has been texting her at like 5 am every morning. It's annoying her and pissing off her boyfriend. And she said she will start the text with "good morning, sweet sister". My sis tried her best to be supportive, but there is only so much she can do (and they live far apart). As we were ending our texting, I said have a good afternoon and don't ever text me at 5am - sweet sister. She got a huge laugh over that one.

DD currently has orders for 4 hall trees! LOL. I told her she might have to take her ad down for a week or two to get caught up, haha.

DH came across some metal art he liked, some eagle/American flag type stuff, so he used $48 of that $73 left on the gift card to purchase that. I guess one will go in his shop and the other is more outside type.

I started working on doing the 1099-M forms for both companies. UGH. I guess something has changed and now there is a new form called 1099-NEC that I will need to use, but nothing seems to be working in the accounting software to generate this. It's usually a pretty easy process. Yay for Monday.......


6 comments:

  1. I really feel sorry for women who send money to men and then say, "But, he says he loves me." Those are the exact words my friend said after she sent thousands of $$$ to a man who was scamming her. A text at 5 am would never annoy me. I keep the phone off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I told sis about the phone texts - just mute her phone while she's sleeping, that's what I do. I get texts from FedEx at like 5:30am if they are delivering and it's annoying, haha, but I want to know if they are coming, so turn my volume off at bedtime. Like sis told her sis - he's supposedly an architect, living in the Mediterranean and he needs money? C'mon no body is really that dumb...are they?!

      Delete
  2. I keep all notifications silent even during the day. I do not remember if you have posted your DD's artwork. What do tehy look like? Congrats on her booming business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep mine silent too. A buzzing, beeping, ringing phone annoys me. If I have it sitting on my desk I can hear the slight buzz for a text or call. DD is making a "hall tree" where you can hang coats on, sit on while putting some shoes on.

      Delete
  3. I put my phone on "do not disturb" at night after the lovely old guy in New York who I play Word With Friends with started sending me jokes but didn't realize I'm six hours ahead of him and I was getting them at 4 a.m.! As for "the architect", yeah, scam artist but sadly some people do fall for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya, I remember you telling us about that guy. My dh's phone would start dinging texts or usually Facebook messages at 5 am. I'm like tell your friends to knock it off! Eventually he just started leaving his phone in his den when he comes to bed, LOL.

      Delete